silent conversations | Teen Ink

silent conversations

January 11, 2013
By PalaraSoul BRONZE, New York, Long Island, New York
PalaraSoul BRONZE, New York, Long Island, New York
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's not acting. It's lying." - Johnny Depp. ( I had thought this way since I knew what I wanted to be, before I knew of this quote)


I walked out and heard the roar of a strong engine. Definitely not a school bus. I looked and saw him. He was on his motorcycle and staring at me. He had a button down shirt, with the sleeves rolled up. His hair was messy and wild. He was wearing Jeans. I spoke in a whisper to my friend, "That's him." She looked over and told me he looked older. I smiled, "Yeah." I walked over and stood by him. Everyone was turned and in shocked. He looked at me and smiled.
"Hey. " he said. His voice was soft and clear. I said hi. He said he was waiting for me. I smiled. He got off his bike and stood in front of me, close. We talked and laughed and smiled while everyone watched us, with dumbfounded expressions.
"It's cold." He said, I was wearing a T-shirt. "They said it'd be warmer today." I explained. He held a finger up and took off his shirt, underneath was a simple band shirt. I started to say no, but he held it out for me and I turned and put it on. He buttoned it up for me and stepped back to observe. I smiled shyly and said, "So, how ridiculous?" He smiled and said "ridiculously beautiful." I smiled and he moved closer and rolled up my sleeves, "I know you like it like that." I smiled and he wrapped his arms around my waist and we talked. He asked me what did that girl give me. I was lost at first, but then remembered my friend had given me a lighter after weeks of impatient waiting. I took it out of my Jean pocket and showed it to him. He smiled and chuckled.
"Experimenting, are we?" I smiled and said I'd like to try it. He took out a cigarette and put it in my mouth and I lighted it. It was a good feeling, and I didn't cough. I took it out and blew it into the air. He laughed and pulled me closer and whispered, "where do you want to go?" I had the cigarette in my hand and he moved back a little to see my face and hear my answer. I pulled back the cigarette to my lips, "Anywhere." He smiled and took it out from my mouth and blew smoke in a circle. He kept his arm around my waist and walked back to the motorcycle. He got on and handed me a helmet before he kissed my cheek, "You know, you gotta hold on tight?" I smiled and said, "I'm very much counting on it." He handed me the cigarette and I smoked one last time and flicked it off. We rode off with my arms wrapped around him and his sweet smell filling my senses and his shirt warm against my skin. Everyone stared as I rode off with him. He was all I wanted and all I ever would.


The author's comments:
I've been daydreaming this all week. Finally, I wrote it down.