Not the way it's suppose to be | Teen Ink

Not the way it's suppose to be

January 11, 2013
By T-rex_21 BRONZE, Sparks, Nevada
T-rex_21 BRONZE, Sparks, Nevada
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"The truth is everyone is going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones with suffering for" - Bob Marley


*******
I lay my head against the window of my moms car. I can feel the cool Montana weather slowly creeping its way in. In just two hours I will be in the heat of California. It's just like my mom to just give up on stuff like this. It's been four years since my dad died in the army and she is already in "love" with someone again. I think that's part of the reason she is sending me to live with my aunt and uncle, because I look so much like him. Her excuse is that I'm to out of hand and I need a reality check. I agree I do go out a lot but isn't that what normal teens do? I know she did! After I checked the time, 11:23 i slowly gave into the super glue holding my eyes shut. I felt the cold hand of my mother reach over and grap my arm. 11:51. I sluggishly reached back to grap my backpack which is all I had since I need a whole new wardrobe. Thanks to my grandma that is possible. I hug my mother goodbye getting ready to go through airport security. Lovely. After all the security I sit waiting. I pull out my cellphone from my cellphone from my jean pocket. Four new text messages Mom: Text me when you land! Love you. Don't be to much trouble. I roll my eyes and go to the next one Sam (my brother): I'll be down at the end of summer to come visit. Good luck! Next. Kelsey ( my best friend) I can't believe your mom is making stay with your aunt and uncle our last summer before we have to go off to college! So messed! I couldn't agree more. Jason (my ex): I'll miss you this summer. I still don't think he has the common sense that if you cheat on someone they will not want to see you anymore. "flight 896 to Santa Cruz is now boarding" A voice says over the loud speakers, sounding all most to perfect. I pick up my bag and get on the plane. The longest hour and a half of my life is finally over.

When I get off I see my Aunt's smiling face. Gosh she looks so much like my dad it almost make me tear up. I go over and hug her tight. It's not that I don't want to stay with them, I want to stay in my normal life in the little city of Ismay Montana not crazy Santa Cruz. Dinner was awkward. The three of us sat there in silence. Until "Did your mom tell you?" she said with that sweet little smile and I know she know I don't know. "Tell me what?" I say poking at the green beans on my plate. " I got you job at the Joe's Bakery, I know how much you liked to bake cookies when you would come visit." she said still smiling. "Aunt Jackie! You know I always burnt them and we would just go get store bought ones!" I said laughing. She joined the laughter and told me I was just working the cash register. After dinner I put on one of Uncle Ron's big tees and crawled into there guest bed.

In the morning I wake up at 5:30. The hot water feels so good running down my back and through my hair. I wish I could stay in here forever. My aunt knocks on the door and I twist the fact off and wrap the towel. I open the door and I can see the steam float out. She handed me a pair cut off jeans and a dark green T-shirt with Joe's Bakery logo in the corner. She walks back down stairs I can tell she hasn't had her morning coffeee. "We need to leave in five minutes!" Aunt Jackie yelled from the kitchen. I went to the bathroom bringing my backpack with me. I pulled my hair back in a ponytail and put on eyeliner. When I walked out the front door with Jackie she was telling me since my car isn't here yet Uncle Ron with pick me up around one on his lunch break. Joe's Bakery is a couple of blocks away from the boardwalk. It's a little with sweet smells. "Joe!" Jackie says to this bald guy walking out from behind the display counter. "Hi Jackie." he said with a big smile. "This is my niece Natalie." Joe and I start to talk about the coffee maker when Jackie tells me she is going to work and she will see me after work. After about an hour of training I flip the sign to open. My first costumer walks in. He is the total beach surfer dude but with black hair. His eyes a perfect sea glass blue. Focus what are you suppose to say to costumers. Oh ya "Welcome to Joe's how can we make your day sweet!" I say with a smile.
******
She just did. "Well" I say thinking of sly I could say to her, but I got nothing. So I just say the first thing that comes to mind "Six chocolate donuts please." The next thing I thought of was smooth. " A lot of donuts for one dude." I couldn't help it but I liked the way she said dude. "My little brother and two friends are out friend in my truck" I said staring in the direction of my truck then back at her. "Oh I see, you're the donut runner got it." she said turning around to grap a box. Then I noticed her legs they weren't tan like every other girls around here. "Are you know around here or can you just not get tan." I say half laughing at my own joke. "Yup just got in town yesterday." She said annoyed like she has been asked that ten time already. "Maybe I could show you around." I said reaching for my wallet. She was quite for minute while ringing up the six donuts. " 4.19" She holding her hand out. I gave her the money. She wrote something down on the donut box. When she gave me the box it was a single number. 6. "Come back tomorrow, buy six more donuts, and you will get the next number to my phone number" She said with a smirk. "So your telling me I have to 6 donuts for a week?" "If you want to 'show me around'" She said with a wink. "Alright see you tomorrow" I said walking out the door. Getting in my old beat up truck I looked over at Trevor, Andrew and my crazy little brother jack. "I think I'm in love."


The author's comments:
This is one of my first writings. Please nice and I hope you like it.