The Protection Program | Teen Ink

The Protection Program

January 2, 2013
By theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
My quotes affect my life. That is why i have a different one each day.


"All right, here we are,home." Styles opened the door leading into Will's families mansion, wIt me on his back. He set me down cautiously."Well I mean Will's home.You can't actually stay in yours right now." I felt a wave of emotion over come me. Burying it deep down inside I couldn't let them see how truly terrified I really was. " That's okay, I don't want to stay home alone anyways." Will entered the house,and set down my duffel bag that they brought me from the hospital.He had been beating himself up over what happened to me.Seeing him in a better mood,I walked up to him I wrapped my arms around his body and breathed him in. Being as gently as he could be he wrapped his arms around me. "I'm going to go get the rest of the stuff,"said Styles. Will nodded his head," Okay let me show you were you will be sleeping."

He led me upstairs and through a hallway,when he opened the door to my room I went into complete shock. The room had a queen sized bed,two huge windows that basically took up the wall, it's own bathroom,an armoire dresser and a plasma screen montitied on the wall. I turned to him," do you have this in all your rooms?" He smiled and it sent a tingle down my spine."Styles will be two doors down the hall and I'm on the other side of your room." I placed both of my hands on his arms. "Most girls would find that a week wIt her boyfriend and her best friend in a mansion, a dream come true." Will brought his eyes to mine." But this is reality. You are in what Styles and I like to call The Protection Program. But you are a lot stronger then any other girl I've ever know." I couldn't have asked for better people in my life,and he felt the same. Getting on my tip-toes I kissed him. He inhaled heavily at first, like he was breathing me in. He kissed back and put his hands around my face.Breaking away, his eyes flickered golden lights and he smiled big. I laughed,"You should go hangout wIt Styles. You guys haven't exactly had time together since this all started." Will pulled me closer,"what about you?" "I'm actually tired from the medicine and moving from the hospital, so I think I'm going to take a nap." He kissed me one more time," I'll check on you later." Nodding I watched him walk out and close the door. Looking around I opened the armoire dresser and pulled out some clothes from my duffel and filled it up. I collapsed on the bed and it was lights out for me.

A loud boom of thunder woke me up. Rolling over to my other side I looked out the window and watched lightning dance across the dark sky.Rain came down furiously and thunder roared like a lion. Standing up I walked in the bathroom and took a shower. The water stung my wound.I felt like needles poked me over and over again. I got out of the shower and decided not to see how bad it really looked. I changed into leggings,and a thick sweater.My sweater irritated my wound,I needed my medicine.

Walking downstairs I looked in the study,living room and the library and couldn't find them. I could hear them,talking,laughing,joking,like they used too.They were cooking dinner.I walked around the corner Will and Styles looked up and simultaneously smiled. "Well good morning,"beamed Will. "Were you out in the rain?" Remembering my hair was still wet,I laughed,"no I took a shower." I stepped down to the island in the kitchen and took a seat on the other side of the stove. Will cut colorful vegetables while Styles cooked them in the frying pan. Styles handed me fried piece of vegetable,I put it in my mouth and smiled."Is this potato wIt lemon?" Styles looked impressed."We decided to experiment. Become doctor's of cooking." The word doctor stood out to me. "Hey did you guys get the medicine?" Will looked up,"Yeah Styles picked it up." "yeah it's in my bag." He turned down the stove and left the room.Looking at Will, he looked so peaceful.When he looked down his hair barely hung down over his face, his white dress shirt made his golden tan skin look like he just got back from the beach.So warm,safe, hot. I couldn't take it anymore. Walking up behind him I wrapped my arms around his stomach.He started to laugh,standing on my toes I kissed the back of his neck. "You shouldn't do that." I went to his ear,"why is that?" He stopped cutting and turned around. " I want to save this for later." He kissed me and tickled my rib cage, I squirmed in his grip.We laughed,"Well is there anything I can do to help you guys.?" He turned me around and put his head on my shoulder,"You can go down to the wine cellar and get some wine for us to put in the food."As I walked away I turned my head to see him, he winked at me and smiled.

The wine cellar wasn't like the ones you see on TV. It didn't have cobwebs and dust covering everything.It wasn't even dark.Turning on the light the walls wear painted a dark mahogany color,the floor filled wIt wood. The cellar itself was huge, the walls and isles had racks of wine filled. I let myself wander into a isle before selecting a french that I didn't know but it sounded pretty.

Returning upstairs I walked through the library;They had the biggest windows in the entire house. The storm was louder than before and more beautiful.I felt like I could sit and stare for hours on end. I walked as close as I could to the window and squinted.A man stood under a tree a mere ten feet away.He was looking right at me . He was big like Derek but he had a more sturn look to him. He stated walking towards me, I backed up until I hit a desk. "Hey." I jumped around. My heart beat so loud I thought anyone could hear it. Styles looked past me out the window,"what are you staring at?" Running a hand through my half-dried hair I turned to look back at the window.There man was gone." I thought I saw something." He looked one last time past me before saying,"well whatever you saw is gone now,but," He flipped a bottle in his hand," I got your medicine."

We walked in the kitchen,I sat on the counter top holding the wine bottle.Will was washing his hands in the sink beside me. I placed my chin on the top of the wine bottle.I continued to think about the man in the window.Theree was a man there under the tree.He was staring right at me.It isn't the medicine or stress, he's real. Why was he there in the first place? Is he working It Allison? All this wasn't making sense anymore. A splash of water pulled me out of concentration. I looked from were the water came from, Will was drying his hands on a towel, he looked concerned. He moved till he was in front of me."what's wrong?" I shook my head. I could not let them know what I was thinking especially when I didn't know myself. He moved his hand to my forehead,"Liz your kind of warm. Are you sure you are okay?" I handed him the wine, "Yeah I just need my medicine." Will grabbed the medicine and came around behind me. Gently he lifted up my shirt, I felt myself tense up. I could feel the coldness of it as he pressed the gauge to my wound. I squeezed my eyes shut. Even though he was so gentle, the pain throbbed throughout my entire back. A few tears escaped my eyes and fell down my face. He replaced the gauges wIt new ones and put my shirt back down. I wiped my face so he wouldn't notice, but too late. He didn't say a word, because he already knew. He opened my hand and put a pill in the middle of my palm. I smiled,he kissed my forehead.I took the medicine. He felt my forehead again,"Styles come here for a sec." He came over and stood right beside him." Feel her head." Styles cool hand felt good against my skin."Wow, that is hot! You have definitely got a fever or something." Will took my hand,"come on let's get you up stairs." Walking up the two stairs felt like climbing a hill, all I wanted to do was go to sleep.

My room was cold, ice cold. I liked it that way. I climbed into bed and let the the storm soothe my stomach. "You lied when you said you were fine,didn't you?" I thought he had left. I flipped sides so I was facing him, he was laying down next to me. "I did." He moved closer,"why?" I shut my eyes, the pressure was hurting my temples."Because I don't want you and Styles to worry about me 24/7." I was whispering, growing more and more tired. "I'm in love wIt you Liz. It has become apart of me to keep you safe. I will do whatever it takes." He caressed my cheek,"call me if you need anything." He left and I blacked out.

The man, the one I saw outside before, crawled through my window, hovering over me. He was wet from the storm. He didn't say anything to me, just looked at me. Thunder and lightning went off in the background. He grabbed my hand ans stuck me wIt a needle. Fluid in the needle was a neon yellow hue and it burned like acid. It sent me doubling over in pain from my head to my spine;I screamed. The man opened all the windows letting in the night's storm and just like that was gone.

A loud shut came from the side of my bed.Styles was shutting every window, Will was hovering over me. I sat up in confusion.I felt a million times better, "What is going on?" Styles went into the bathroom and grabbed a towel. He began to dry of the floor next to the windows. Will cupped my face,"Are you okay?We heard screaming." He grabbed a blanket from the closet and wrapped it around me. Styles spoke,"what the hell just happened?" I had to think. Pulling up my sleeve I saw the insert hole from the needle."It wasn't a dream." I shut my eyes breathing deeply. "Liz what are you talking about, what happened?" I looked at the floor,"Styles remember when I said that I saw something outside?" Styles nodded."I saw a man outside. He was watching us. He must have seen which room I was staying in. He gave me medicine." I showed them the hole.Will looked at Styles,"Get the book." "That's exactly what I was thinking,"Styles said as he walked out the room. Will took my hand. He looked so angry," Did he hurt you in anyway?" I shook my head no. "But he did scare me"He hugged me tight as I buried my face into his chest."I don't want to sleep here tonight." He looked down at me,"trust me you aren't going too.I'm just glad you're okay." I shivered.My clothes stuck to me like glue.I looked down and laughed,"So much for taking a shower." Will smiled. He opened the blanket,"How about we get you something dry to wear?" I nodded.

We walked into his room. It was like mine except bigger,it was a master bedroom. Along one side of the wall wear bookshelves filled wIt books.Will closed the door. "You can pick something out from my closet." He pointed at the door across the room. Opening in it,I walked into a huge walk in closet.I looked at his wardrobe,"okay I see suites, shoes,t-shirts but no sweatshirts."He spun me around. I smiled,"well that's embarrassing." I found my favorite sweatshirt,striped maroon and dark-gray. "I've always loved this one." I stared at it's colors.Will took off the blanket," I bet you will look beautiful in it." He bent down and kissed me.His warmth radiated to me."I feel warm already." He left the room so I could change. The inside of the sweatshirt smelled just like him. From the shampoo he uses to body was and cologne. The smells made me crave him,I needed him near me.

I texted Will,'Where are you?' 'Making you hot chocolate(:' I smiled 'Be there in a minute." Walking out into the hallway the mansion was light up, lighting still danced across the sky.As I pasted the door,it rang. I walked up to the door and opened it. A man stood in the doorway,wIt a box. "Are you Liz?" I looked at him ,"Who is asking?" He instantly handed me an invitation. "Liz back up," Will put himself between me and the stranger. Styles came wIt the book in his hand,"Who are you and why are you here?" The man spoke as if it was rehearsed," that is an invitation for the ball coming up and this is a dress for her." Will took the box,"who sent you?" "The invitation has a letter explaining everything." Styles stared at him,"Well now get the heck out of here." The man stared right past Will and to me,"We hope to see you there."

"Well this night just keeps getting weirder." I opened the letter, Elijah. I threw the letter down on the couch."He wants me to be his date for the ball." Will eyes widened,"Why?" I was so mad I couldn't form words."He says that if you don't then Will and I die as you watch." Styles held the letter in his hand."We need a plan, and fast. The ball is two days away." I opened the box. The dress admittedly was beautiful. It was long semi-poofy, black wIt white sparkles glittered all over. "I can't do this right now." I dropped the dress and sat on the couch."Dude what are we going to do. This is harassment for her!." Styles crumpled the note and there it down."you know what let's just talk this over tomorrow." Will took my hand,"Night man."

I buried myself under his blankets.He climbed into bed,"Liz every thing's going to be okay." I faced away from him."I don't understand anymore." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. He was shirtless."How are you feeling though?" I gripped his hand, " warmer now. You always turn my worse moods into something better." He kissed the back of my neck,"hey Liz." I turned to face him,"what?" He smiled,"I love you." A wave of coldness consumed me.Sitting up I wrapped my arms around myself,"did you leave a window open?" We looked around,nothing was open. He touched my hand."How is that you are still a Popsicle?" I shrugged.We laid back down,he wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest.When I put my hand on his chest, he gasped,"no.I'm sorry you can't do that." I laughed "what don't like Popsicles?" He took my hand and kissed it. I nudged my head until I was at his neck.I kissed it. He sighed and pulled one of my legs on top of him. His lips found mine and the touch was electric.I ran my fingers through his hair,his ran up and down my leg. He pulled away,"I shouldn't do this." "Why not?" I could here him breathing heavy."I don't want to hurt you anymore than you already are." I kissed him once more,"I know you Will,you wouldn't hurt me.Ever." He kissed me and hugged me tight.I craved him,the touch of him set me on fire. He pulled me on top of him.His hands found their way under the sweatshirt and it came up over my head. His fingers traced my back;from my sports bra to the lining of my spine. He propped himself up on his elbows our foreheads touching.I put my hand to his cheek."Hey,Will" "hhmm" "I love you,too."


The author's comments:
Continuation of The Three Little Piggies and The big bad wolf.