First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss

December 15, 2012
By theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
theteenager SILVER, -, Indiana
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
My quotes affect my life. That is why i have a different one each day.


We were on a trip to New York. I was sleeping in my room; it was midnight. I was having several nightmares. I awoke, my face stained with tears and my heart beating like a humming bird’s. I wandered out into the kitchen the hotel room had provided. Everyone was long asleep, or so I thought, Will came out of his room, stunned just as I was, to see me in the kitchen. He was showing his shirtless six pack abs, golden skin tone, wearing his flannel pajamas; his piercing blue green eyes staring up, then down, then up again at me. He had known about the nightmares, well somewhat. I tried to act as natural as possible given I still had tears coming down my face. We went on in silence until he said, “what are you doing up so late?” Trying to hide my face and the shakiness in my voice as much I could I retreated to the sink to get a glass of water. “I couldn’t sleep.” He knew me to well for he came up beside me and slowly placed a lock of my hair behind my ear, getting a better look at my tearing eyes. He placed his hand gently under my chin and turned my face to his, he began wiping away my tears. “What’s wrong,” he whispered. “Nothing, I’m alright, really,” I exclaimed avoiding his eye contact. Slowly he moved one hand down around my waist and guided me towards him. He hugged me protectively and said, “You had another nightmare again didn’t you?” With that said I wrapped my arms around him baring my face into his warm chest. I listened to the beat of his heart which calmed me down essentially. He bent down to my ear and whispered, “go into your room and I’ll be there in two minutes,” then he gently kissed my cheek.
Laying under the sheets and wrapped up in the blanket I brought, I waited. Two minutes later exactly he entered with a bowl full of my favorite ice cream, mint chocolate chip. A smile creeped up on my face, I took a spoon and scooped a bite out of the bowl. Will and I talked about my dream while taking glimpses of the TV on in the background; we were sitting very close. I was watching the TV when I turn to see Will looking at me. “What?” I couldn’t help but laugh as I said it. “You have-uh ice cream right here-,’’he dabbed off the ice cream with a napkin. “Thanks.” I took the empty bowl and went into the kitchen. When I returned I found Will lying under my covers. He motioned for me to come over and I nonchalantly climbed under the covers, not realizing how cold I was compared to him. “Wow your freezing, get over here!” he laced he fingers into mine and wraps his arms around me. “I swear Will you are my hero tonight,” I said as I leaned my head against his arm. “You know I have to admit I like it when you get scared. But only because you make me feel important.”I sat up so I inches from his face. “Of course you’re important to me. You are one of the very few that can calm be down….and I feel safe with you.” Will then caressed my face and kissed me gently on the lips. It didn’t take long for me to kiss back, which gradually became more and more intense. Will had wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me to his lap; I wrapped my hands in his hair and kissed him with much more passion. He broke away from my mouth and kissed my neck, collarbone, and jaw line. He eventually returned to my lips bringing the intensity back. When I broke way I looked into his eyes and said, “I think I’m falling in love with you Will.” He smiled widely and said, “I love you too.” On that note we ended the night with me falling asleep in his arms.


The author's comments:
More Stories to come!