Happy New Faces: Love is Friendship on Fire 2 | Teen Ink

Happy New Faces: Love is Friendship on Fire 2

By northgirl0222 GOLD, North Attleboro, Massachusetts
northgirl0222 GOLD, North Attleboro, Massachusetts

"in order to write about life, first you must live it"

It was Kim & Trevor’s wedding night. Trevor had flown all the way from America to stop her from marrying someone else. Instead now he was married to the princess of England. They were in Kim’s room trying to decide what to do. They had never even said they loved each other until that morning. Finally Trevor was tired of waiting. He went over and grabbed Kim. He kissed her and just kept kissing her as he slowly led her over to the bed. Kim didn’t even struggle when he pushed her down on the bed or when he began taking off her wedding gown, all the while kissing her wherever he could. The rest of the night was spent in pure bliss as the newlyweds showed their love to each other.
The next morning the two went down to breakfast to find Trevor’s mother sitting there waiting for them. Kim’s parents had sent for her but hadn’t told her anything so she looked very confused to see Trevor happily standing there holding hands with Kim. As he leaned over to kiss Kim his mother understood perfectly. He had stopped the wedding in time and had married his dream girl. That’s when Kim’s parents, king and queen of England, came walking in. When Kim asked why Trevor’s mom was there they said because they liked Trevor so they were all staying in England. Kim would still be a queen someday and Trevor would be her king. Kim was so happy that she completely forgot about breakfast as she ran to hug her parents. Trevor wasn’t as quick at processing what that meant, but when he finally did he hugged his mother then hugged Kim’s parents.
A few weeks later Kim told Trevor to meet her in the gardens. When he got there he found her crying. He lifted her up off the ground and held her close. When she could finally speak Kim told him she was pregnant. She wasn’t sad she was happy and so was Trevor. They immediately went to tell everyone else. Their parents were just as overjoyed as them. Kim wasn’t even queen yet and she had already given England an heir to the throne. Which was good for two months later Kim’s parents died making her queen. Trevor did everything he could to make Kim feel better and to make the pregnancy easier.
After nine months it was finally time for the baby to come and everyone was on edge waiting, for the baby was due any minute. Finally the doctor was called in…it was time. After seven hours the doctor came out of Kim’s room. Trevor wasn’t even listening to the doctor all he heard was Kim’s crying. As he ran to her side he saw all the blood and knew what the doctor had been telling him…the baby hadn’t lived. Kim refused to even let Trevor touch her for almost two months after the baby. When she finally came over and held on to him he knew what she wanted. She wanted to forget, she wanted another chance, and she wanted another baby.
That night they tried again for a baby. It was as passionate as their wedding night. Kim was only doing it to have the baby. She wouldn’t even look at Trevor. After that she went back to ignoring him. He kept trying though. He refused to be pushed away. After another nine months it was time. Again they called the doctor this time instead of Kim’s crying Trevor heard the cries of a newborn. The baby had made it, there was a true heir to the throne and a true child. When Trevor walked into the room he knew Kim was back to herself so he leaned down kissing first her head then the baby’s. It was a perfect little replica of Kim. That’s when Trevor noticed the other little head poking out of his mother’s arms. They had twins, a boy who they named Edward and a girl who they named Elizabeth.
As Elizabeth and Edward grew up Kim and Trevor didn’t put to many rules on them. Kim knew how it felt to be trapped as royalty and didn’t want to torture her children the way her parents had tortured her. As children the twins spent all their time together so it didn’t seem to matter if they were in the castle or out in the city. As they grew older they began to separate though. Elizabeth became a proper young lady, she had all the right friends, and used all her manners but Edward began hanging out with the wrong people. He was often found drunk on the doorstep in the morning.
It was obvious who would be picked as ruler when the time came. Everyone knew it would be Elizabeth for she was best suited for royalty. Only Elizabeth knew that her parents favored Edward. He was their troubled son so they thought spending time with the royalty would help him grow up. When Trevor got a letter saying his mother was dying and he needed to go home to America he asked Kim to come with him. She agreed but first she told her advisors that she wouldn’t be coming back. The twins were twenty-two, they could rule the country. Then she surprised everyone by saying that they were to rule the country together.
In America Kim told Trevor what she had done. They would live with his mother then stay in America. They weren’t meant for royalty but their kids were. Trevor was so happy that he almost screamed it at his mother. He hadn’t been born to be royal and frankly he had stunk at it. When his mother heard this she was overjoyed to have her children back home. A week later when she died in her sleep she was smiling knowing her babies were home safe.
Kim and Trevor lived out the rest of their lives in America happily living the normal life while Elizabeth and Edward ruled England together and did a great job of it too.