All I Wanted For Christmas Was You | Teen Ink

All I Wanted For Christmas Was You

By Euphoric SILVER, Tucker, Georgia
Euphoric SILVER, Tucker, Georgia

If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. -Craig Owens (Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows)

All I Wanted For Christmas Was You

‘I won’t ask for much this Christmas, I won’t even wish for snow.’
“Klaudia!” There he was standing beneath the white light trimmed doorframe. I walked over to him, glancing around casually for any sight of a girl he would be with. I saw no one. “Hi” I said smiling up at him. His dark eyes gazed down over me, making me bite my lip nervously. He used to stand in silence, just looking at me, studying me; but not anymore. I slowly made eye contact and put on my most convincing fake smile I could manage in his presence. To be honest, I can’t smile around him anymore, not unless I’m his. Unless of course I'm reminiscing or fantasizing about me finally getting him back.
“Glad to see you here.” He smiled his perfect little smile. I nodded same to him. One of his dark brown curls fell over his eyes and I quickly, out of habit, brushed it aside. “I haven’t seen you in awhile.” He said, tilting his head slightly to the right. I nodded again, I believe I went mute. “I miss you.” He blushed. My head shot up, “Really?” He nodded this time. I miss you too.” I said, my cheeks flushing the very same shade of pink. He smiled once more. “So…” I said, not wanting to break the mood, but it was this or end up heartbroken by the end of the night. “What about your new girlfriend? Is she here?” I asked.
He sighed, a long, drawn out, stressed sigh. “She’s around. Probably hitting on a bunch of other guys, dancing to her hearts content” He ran his fingers through his hair, each individual curl slipping between his fingers. His perfection always left me in awe. “Oh” I mustered. He looked at me, his gaze more intense than before. “Are we okay?” he asked. I smiled sheepishly. “Yeah why wouldn’t we be?” I laughed. Fake of course. “Because of Katie”
Just the sound of her name rolling off his tongue shot me down. “Oh” I said again. An expression of pure sadness overtook his face, making my heart fall into the pit of my stomach. I hated seeing him upset like this. “We’re fine” I said, gingerly taking his hand in mine. He still looked pained, and he gripped my hand tighter. “Klaudia, I honestly care about you so much. I don’t want to loose you because it wasn’t…” He began.
“Serious. We were never serious.” I mumbled, dropping his hand. He grabbed it again. “I’m serious! I think…” He froze, and quickly pulled me into him. His arms wrapped carefully around me, holding me tight and not letting go. I took advantage of the opportunity and buried my face in his shirt. It smells liked him, as did everything else. I tangled my fingers in the back of his shirt. I felt him lightly kiss my forehead, and run his fingers through my hair.
I rested my chin on his chest and looked up at him. His eyes were closed. Suddenly my eyes darted to the top of the doorframe that towered above us; mistletoe.
‘I'm just going to keep on waiting underneath the mistletoe.’
“Oh my…” I tumbled backwards, only to be gently pulled back to my feet. “What is it?” He asked quietly. I continued to stare at the romantic holiday decoration that hung above us. “Mistletoe” I whispered. He followed my gaze until we were both staring. He slowly returned his attention to me, still curled up in his arms. “Yeah…”
Carefully, pulled me up and kissed me lightly on the cheek. My face flushed bright pink, and let my eyes drift closed. I felt his lips press into mine, the same lips I had memorized; the gentle curves and the sweet taste. I basked in the moment, I had him for only a minute or two, but I loved it. My heart skipped beats as he kissed me. The kisses that made me fly.
“Hey!” Someone shouted from behind us. I quickly backed away and hit the opposite frame. A girl came skipping towards us, she immediately ran into his arms exactly where I had been. She looked at me intently, “Who are you?” she asked. He rested his arm across her shoulder. “Katie, this is Klaudia. Klaudia, this is Katie.” I nodded at her and flashed my pretend smile, an evil growl escaped my lips without warning. She frowned. “What’re you two talking about over here?” She interrogated. I bit my lip in frustration, ‘She ruined this for me. That…’.
“Mistletoe” I said quickly, pointing to the leaves hanging above their heads now. She looked up and grinned. “Yeah, there is some mistletoe.” She looked back at me and I pivoted on my heel and was prepared to run. “You guys should… yeah…” and I ran.
“What’s her problem?” I heard her say behind me. He was watching me as I positioned myself behind the bar in the opposite room. I watched as Katie grabbed his chin and planted a kiss right where my lips just were. Something triggered tears, but I refused to let them fall, not here. My heart ached and I turned to leave the party completely. Once I reached the front door, I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Klaudia” he said trying to turn me around.
“She’s beautiful” I mumbled, opening the door. The icy late night wind hit my face; I forgot my coat. “Klaudia, please…” He said after me. I shook off his hand and walked off the porch and into the street. “I’m sorry! I’m so, so sorry!” I looked back at him, my tears freezing as they slid down my numb cheeks. “Yeah me too”
‘All I wanted for Christmas was you.’

I wrote it to submit to a Literary Magazine at school. Based off the song, "All I Want For Christmas"

jjgurl BRONZE said...
jjgurl BRONZE, Vancover, Missouri

live everyday like its your last

wow that was good!

Euphoric SILVER, Tucker, Georgia

Awhhhh thank you so very much! It means a whole lot thank you! ♥

Melanie_Rose GOLD, Easley, South Carolina

“I’m selfish, impatient, and insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you don’t deserve me at my best.”
- Marilyn Monroe

I. Love. This. It's amazing, the detail, the emotions in the words. I imagined it in my head. I wish you'd continue it, make it a longer story! I was sad to get to the bottom. You're amazing!