This is to You

By kyyang17 GOLD, Parsippany, New Jersey
kyyang17 GOLD, Parsippany, New Jersey

This is you to you, Chen.

To you, the boy with the wide grin, dark chocolate eyes, and nearly black hair that you insist has 'natural style'. This is to you, your wicked sense of humor, your imperfect perfectness, and your crazy talent in your clarinet and of course, your violin.

This is to you, and to the quiet way you came into my life; faintly, unremarkably. And this is to you, in the way you stealthily, gradually became a part of my life. This is to you, another boy who took my heart.

This is to you, the first one to give me your heart in return.

This is to you, and the chills you send down my spine when I see your face. This is to you; the way my eyes brighten when I hear your name. This is to you, and to the first time we went to the movies. This is to you, and your warm hand laced in mine. To you, with your infuriating ability to never get cold. This is to you, and your laughter and voice.

This is to you, the boy I've nearly memorized. This is to you, whose favorite color is blue. This is to you, and your quirky habits that bring a smile to my face. This is to you...

~ ~ ~ ~

If I'm the kite, you're the wind. I can already see... without you, I would be hopelessly lost.

Dedicated[to someone]

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!