Do Anything For You

Darkness. Pain. Screaming. Hot. Red.

Fire.

Sitting up, pain shot up my back. I bit back a scream and scrambled, painfully to my feet. I could smell smoke. Fire, I was surrounded by fire. I could hear screaming. I could hear crashing. I could hear explosions. Explosions. There had been an explosion. Then darkness. Hit a wall, knocked out. Fire grew. Fire everywhere. I coughed, smoke feeling my lungs. Carbon monoxide filling my lungs, attacking my red blood cells. Oxygen leaving my body. My lungs failing me, heart failing me, brain failing me. I could feel myself slipping. But more screams were pouring in my ears, roaring fire and laughing flames. I looked around, there was no one here. Words not forming in my head…not making sense. Feeling tired. Door opening. A face, a kind face. Arms around me. Then darkness. Time past.

Finally. A light.

Then screaming. Yelling. Running and shouting. Walking and jumping. I could hear the fast footsteps. The frantic voices. The cries of delight. Stopping, the world was stopping. Staring. I was staring into nothingness. A blur, a blur of people rushed past me. Pushing past me, sprinting past me. Pain. Searing pain, my eyes clouded over. I held my head. Screaming, I began screaming. Blood, I could see blood. No not blood, just red, red as I closed my eyes. Standing, I forced myself to stand. Searching, my eyes searched the area around me in a desperate search to find him. Closing, the world was closing in on me. My head was aching. I felt my world spinning. Spinning. Stopping. Staring. A voice was yelling. A familiar voice. A sweet voice. A voice. Crying, I was crying. He ran towards me. His arms wrapped around me tightly and lifted me off the ground. I was spinning, he was spinning me around. Laughing, he was laughing. The world stopped spinning, stopped closing. The world became whole again. I could make sense again.

Then he was kissing me. His lips burned, hot and passionate against mine. His lips moved in harmony against mine. The kiss was sweet and gentle, slow and rough, hot and passionate, pouring everything into the kiss; I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed my body against his. He responded and wrapped his arms tighter around my waist; he set me down on the floor, taking no time at all to deepen the kiss. I felt hot, like I was on fire, my fingertips trailed up his neck and into his hair. His hands stayed at my waist and began to move up and down, trailing over my hips and back. I felt tingles in my fingertips; my skin was burning as his kiss set me flying. My heart was soaring as bright fireworks went off in my head; warmth seeped through my body to my toes as the butterflies danced in my stomach.

He pulled back slowly, biting my bottom lip. His tongue licked my lips, nibbling as his lips left mine. I opened my eyes to meet his dark hazel-green eyes. Dark, sexy and hot, his eyes locked with mine showing love that I’d never seen before.

“Lilia, I love you,” he whispered and nudged his nose against mine. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck tighter, bringing him closer to my level. He chuckled as I kissed his nose.

“I love you too Logan,” I whispered, my dark eyes trailing once more over his lips. He took the hint and pressed his lips to mine. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. The rest of the world was blocked out and all I could feel was him. His lips on mine, his hands touching me, his arms around me, skin on skin, warmth filling me and the incredible feeling of love spreading through my body.

“It was you, wasn’t it? You saved me?” I asked as we sat by the ambulance. I had a towel around me, and a bottle of water in my hand. His eyes met mine and he nodded. He pulled me closer and wrapped an arm around me while the other held my hand.

“I knew you were trapped inside the room. I ran over as fast as I could. You were standing there surrounded by fire; I got there just in time. You blacked out as I lifted you into my arms,” he said.

“Thank you for saving me,” I replied. Even with dirt, dust and ash in his dark, tousled hair it still looked sexy as he smiled at me. I lifted my hand and cupped his cheek. He closed his eyes at the soft touch and let out a quiet moan. I wrapped my legs around his and moved closer to him. He chuckled and pulled me onto his lap instead. I curled up in his arms grateful for the warmth.

“You’re welcome. I would do anything for you. I’d come and save you even if the world was collapsing around me,” he said and then kissed my lips once more.

Only that night did I realised as I sat watching the starry sky, that our school had been burnt to the ground. A faint whisper of a scream left my lips as a cry welled up inside me. The tears I’d held back tore at my throat and the sobs racked my body. A pain so severe it rocked my whole body engulfed me.

“Hey, hey, its okay, it’s okay,” Logan’s soft voice soothed me as we sat on my rooftop. I crawled onto his lap and stayed his arms that night, crying for all those we’d lost. Crying for all those who could not be saved, whose screams were not answered and for those who, in the end cried for the pain to stop. As Logan stroked my hair and rubbed my back, I realised that I was lucky to be alive. And so, I vowed that I’d make the most of my life, and live for those who’d past. I’d never forget them and would always thank them for being the fighters there were and always will be. No matter where they are, they were the fighters the world never got to see.