Love Story Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I open the door and all I can hear is screaming. I stand in the doorway. I heat “You cheating w****! How could you!? You want to know what that is called? It’s called adultery! You’re in a committed relationship! You don’t just don’t go around sleeping with strange men!” I hear my dad yell. “It was a moment of weakness! What about that time with that f****** Katherine chick? You’re such a hypocrite! And he wasn’t a strange man! He was a friend! He was there for me when you weren’t!” I hear my mother snap back at my father.

“Really he was a friend? He cheated on you in High School! And you’re doing the same too me! And don’t you dare bring Katherine up! That wasn’t cheating! We were on a break! At least I didn’t get her pregnant! Like Anton got you!” I just stand there frozen. I was shocked. All that was running thru my head was ‘How could she do this? To dad? To me?’

I hear my mother scream “You’re really getting p*ssed over this!? Just be happy I told you! Instead of lying to you and having you wonder why the baby doesn’t look like you!” The tears stream down my face, thinking of everything that is going to happen. I no longer have a hero, only a cheating and lying mother. I hear something crash into the wall.

Sounds like glass. A plate? A cup? Maybe even a wine bottle? My father shrieks “ I would rather wonder then know! Cheating is not right you should know from past experience! But now I know” I just can’t stand here anymore like a tree. I walk towards the kitchen and stand in the doorway. Both eyes turn my way.

It looks like I’m not the only one in tears. M mother runs up to hug me and whispers into my ear “I’m sorry. So sorry. I understand if you never want to see me again. I understand if you don’t forgive me. But I just want you to know that I love you.” I wrap my arms around her and bury my head into her neck, and I start to cry even harder then before. She let’s go of me and kisses my forehead then walks away.

I turn to look at my father his eyes are all puffy and red. I just stand there and stare at him. He runs up to hug me. We just stand there for a minute. He let’s go I look at him and ask “What’s going to happen now?’ He turns to look me into the eyes, he replies “I don’t know I really don’t know. I turn around to leave, bur before I exit I turn around and ask “Before I forget can I borrow some money to get a prom dress?”

He looks at me with a confused look on his face. All he does is reach into his back pocket and grab his check book, he writes me a check for five-hundred-and- fifty dollars. He hands me the check and attempts to smile. I run up to hug him and say “Thanks dad!” I run up the stairs and enter into my bedroom. I bury my head into my pillow and just start to cry my eyes out. She just ruined our whole family. My life. Like it wasn’t bad enough already.

I hear a knock on my door. “Come in!” I yell. My dad enters into my room “Can you run to the store to pick up milk? Your mother forgot to pick up some, when we went earlier.” “Sure Am I driving or walking?” I ask “You can drive if you want to.‘

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Tara_Tomlinson_99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I thought this was awesome. Keep writing!!!!