Sometimes I Wonder...

Sometimes, when it's late at night, and I'm sitting there staring out my window I wonder.

I wonder if I'll ever find the one. I always imagine myself with a tall, tanned guy who is the perfect gentleman and has no flaws. But really, do I care? I just want someone to love who will love me back.

I wonder if I'll ever have my first date. I always imagine it at a fancy restaurant with him extremely nervous and me, gorgeous and timid. But do I really care? I just want a date where we can laugh and talk and understand one another.

I wonder if I'll ever get my first kiss. I always imagine it to be right outside my porch under the moonlight with him cradling my head and intensely kissing. But do I really care? I just want him to make it passionate and meaningful.

I wonder if I'll ever get a boyfriend who will give me roses, take me out, and tell me I'm beautiful. But do I really care? I just want him to hug me and let me feel safe and protected.

Sometimes, when it's late at night, I wonder things that might never come true. That probably won't happen. That are too far away in the future. Yet, I can't help myself from hoping. What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic.

But all I really want is to be loved and to love.