Hey You

Do you ever listen to sad love songs for hours after we talk? I do. Do you ever write my name in hearts or daydream about what life would be like if I were to say three simple words, “I love you.”? I do. Do you ever notice the look in my eyes when we are two feet apart or even if we are in a room together? Can you see how they illuminate at your gorgeousness, and your kindness?
I ask these questions because I know you don’t. I say this because if you did you would’ve said hi to me in person, or had gotten my number sooner. Sometimes I think I want to cry, not because I know you won’t ever like me the way I like you, but because I know you’ll fall for a girl that doesn’t deserve you. My tears will leak from my eyes from the fear that your kindness will be sucked out of you. Maybe by that mosquito that you’ll call your girlfriend or maybe by the hurt those others will put you through. I’ll cry because your eyes won’t be that same beautiful chocolate color, but instead a dead black. I’ll cry because you could notice me, a person who would never want to hurt you, but you choose not to.
So, until you finally give me a perfect piece of your voice by saying “hi”. Until you smile at me the way I’d like you to. Until you realize that you are one of the best people I have ever known. Until you learn that those mosquitoes don’t deserve your blood, and until you notice that I love you so much. I will stick around. I’ll be your life raft for when things go wrong, and your piece of sanity during it all. I’ll just stay here waiting for you to give me a real:

“Hey you.”

Instead of a text with a smiley face.

Ms.C. said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:08 am
This is a sad but true story for a lot of girls. Let me guys? Just the Best Friend or something close to that.  I hope you get that "Hey you."

Fakesmile replied...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:40 am
Yeah, it is sadly true... but thanks for your comment. Its very appreciated and i hope i get my "Hey You." too :)

HaterGirl said...
OMG!!!!!!!!!! YOUR SUCH AN AMAZING WRITER IVE ALMOST ALL OF YOUR WRITING!!!!!! I WRITE JUST NOT AS GOOD AS YOU I WOULD REALL APPERICATE IT IF YOU READ SOME OF MY WRITING!!!