Ocean of Love

She sat by her window, staring out at the grey sky, wondering what it could’ve been that changed his mind about her – about them. She had so many fond memories of the two of them, like the times they had snuck out and gone to the park after curfew, and the first time he had put his arm around her at the beach. She remembered laying with him that night on the sand as the sun set, watching the waves of the ocean crashing down softly on the shore, but never stopping their flow, and hoping at that moment that their love would be like the waves of the sea; in a state of on-going, never-ending flow.

But she knew better now; he’d turned their ocean of love into an endless tsunami that not only destroyed everything in its path, but the beauty of the sea itself, as well. He has turned it violent and cruel. Now, everything they’d ever had – everything she had ever believed in – was gone.

Now she realizes that their love wasn’t everlasting like the ocean, for as she stares out her window examining the sea, the waves continue to crash on the sandy shore, but he has vanished, along with the love she once had for him; he was gone, and was never coming back.