Just Tonight | Teen Ink

Just Tonight

December 23, 2011
By writingluver812 SILVER, Hudsonville, Michigan
writingluver812 SILVER, Hudsonville, Michigan
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
you never know what you're capable of until you actually try.


Just tonight, she'll stay. Just tonight she'll have him hold her in his arms. Just tonight she'll wrap her legs around his waist and nestle her head in his neck. Just tonight she'll feel his soft breath on her back. Just tonight he'll wrap his arms around her waist, waking up to the sun shining on her beautiful face. Just tonight she would forget her worries, her troubles. Nothing else mattered, nothing else was happening around her. She only saw him, his long hair covering his eyes in a mysterious way. His strong arms made her feel protected, made her feel loved. She pulled him closer, hearing him mumble her name softly. Nothing could be better than this, she realized, nothing. She felt his heartbeat against her chest, their bodies intertwined. She wasn't sure what it was about this moment that seemed so perfect. Maybe it was the way the sun was shining through the window, perfectly lighting his smooth, tan chest, or the way his soft snores echoed in his small New York City studio apartment.

The previous night unfolded in her head when she saw their clothes lying on the floor. She had pinned him down in the backseat of his truck, feeling like she could do anything, feeling like she wasn't stressed out with college and working. They were young, careless, and free.