Because I Love You

It was a dark, cold, windy night. We both were walking silently on that isolated road, holding hands.
I liked the warmth of his hand held tightly into mine. We had been walking from half an hour by now, returning from a party.

We knew each other from a year. We have been close friends ever since we met.
We both liked each other very much and either of us knew it but we hadn't talked about it still...

He suddenly stopped and grabbed my arm and pulled me to towards him so close that we would hear each other breathing.

I was surprised. "What happened?" I asked softly.

"What do you think?" He whispered and pulled me closer.

His placed his one arm around my waist and other on my cheek. I also placed my arms around his neck and ran my fingers though his soft dark hair.

We both were looking in each other's eyes, deeply.

No sooner, he pressed his lips onto mine, kissing me gently. I was kissing him back...Our first kiss…but not the last…

Then he pulled away gently and softy said those three magical words-"I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered softly. I felt my heart aching for him…Why? only because I knew what he would be suffering?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Now he is leaving me...going away forever. And he would never be returning, & we both know it.
“I will return.” He said.
“No, you won’t.” I said between those inaudible sobs, with hot tears rolling down my eyes. I was finding it so hard to say those words.
“Don’t you trust me?”
“I do.”
“Then I promise you I’ll come back to you soon.”
“Why make fake promises when you won’t even exist to keep them?”
“I will return, only for you.”
“Do you still think that you can fight back the darkness, the pain, the shadows, the hate, and the torture and return back to me?” More tears rolled down my eyes.
He just looked into my eyes and said nothing. Gently, he brushed his lips on mine and then kissed me.
“I love you and whatever I may go through, but I’ll always be with you in your heart. Always and forever. I promise.” He said as a tear rolled down from his eye and he slowly drifted away in the darkness of this darkest night of my life.
“I love you too.” I said as the last tear rolled down from my eye.
What he said the last time was more of a curse than a promise for me. He really cursed me or he kept his promise too, that he’ll be with me always…and forever.
Till this day he kept his promise. Till this day he haunts me. His memories haunt me. And will haunt me everywhere and every time…always and forever…until I’m completely broken from inside.
And now I’m broken. I can’t live more because my heart doesn’t want to live like this. My heart pains and cries for you. I don’t really know where you are now, may be there in heaven, because I’m coming there and I hope to meet you again for at least the pain in my heart would stop…
And I still regret something that I never told you. Where you are now, you are there only because of me. I sent you there. Whatever you suffered was because of me. Just one silly mistake of mine and you were gone. After knowing this you won’t believe me and then you won’t forgive me.
Okay if you forgive and forget, but I’ll still regret it, even after I die, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. ?

Picus. said...
Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:10 am
This is amazing. I loved it. You really are a good writer. Good job. !!!! :)

FiZZa said...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:21 am
thanks everyone. :)  <3

youngspeare said...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:16 am
Wow! That was one helluva poem! 
Too amazingg..
Keep writng coz you've got some talent right there. 
And Love well that's a touchy subject and you managed to bring it out so well. xD

Muzee3 said...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:04 am
THis is so beautiful... those lines are really touching, beautiful!!! This I'd say is one of the worst things to bare! keep it up!

cookiestar said...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 4:01 am
aww, this is so sweet:). I love it. This is so romantic and beautiful.

drishm said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 1:34 am
this is really nice. I love it... i'm a sucker for such stories :) brought tears to me eyes!!

I-Luv-To-Hate-Luv-Storys replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 1:42 am
Thanks very much. :)

Fizzy_Girl said...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 6:16 am
Thank you everyone for your comments and ratings. :)

Illuminatus said...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 3:48 am
A great piece of literature ! The passion , love , complexity , intricacies and the basic feelings behind a true relationship are what make each one a special one ! I really liked the whole episode and i think that you put your heart and soul into it ! Keep 'em coming ! :)

Illuminatus said...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 3:48 am

Illuminatus said...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 3:48 am

JaneCapelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This story made me cry :,(

(but thats a good thing!! XD)

Speak now or forever hold your peace..

Kaitlove1234 said...
This was really good. Im not so great at writing either. and im hoping that once i submit my first writing people could help me out to make mine better? Anyway, yours was very good. I really enjoyed it.

Fizzy_Girl said...
Dec. 17, 2011 at 5:30 am
Thank you all 4 your comments. I agree there are some mistakes as I'm not so good at writting stories. This is just one of my very first stories so I know it needs work. Thanks for commenting as it helps me to know where to improve. :)

OurSTORY said...
Dec. 17, 2011 at 12:02 am
You changed from he to you towards the end and that was kinda weird but other than that it was fantastic. I love how you keep the reader in the dark about where he was really going.

Fizzy_Girl replied...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 2:06 am

thanks.

I was trying to switch the tenses. The 1st part is in past tense & the 2nd is in present. but I dont find that weird.

otherpoet said...
This is a really good story! I can't quite tell where your male character is going, but you can tell he's leaving and probably won't return, which is basically all you need to know. Keep writing!

Brokenness_is_Beautiful said...
Dec. 16, 2011 at 11:40 am
This is really good!! There are a few little editing mistakes, like that he put his arm on your cheek. I think it was supposed to say hand...it says he pu tone arm around my waist and the other on my cheek....Great Job though....I hope you are planning on writing more because that ending was a total cliffhanger!! 

TheGracefulWriter replied...
This is very good!! I loved the way you made the story flow and how you made the feeling run together. Keep on writing you have a talent for this type of story!