Living My Life Part 1 | Teen Ink

Living My Life Part 1

By MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina

If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

One minute I was with him, which I hated, then I heard a horn and saw a bright light.

I woke up to a beeping and realized that I was in a hospital bed with tubes in me. I tried to take the tube in my mouth out and I could hear my heart race. A nurse immediately came in and took the tube out. As soon as I was rid of that vile thing I asked, "What happened to me?” The nurse said,” Honey, you were in a car accident. You died on the scene but the young man that hit you with his car he repeated CPR 'till he was positive you were breathing. You had a couple of head injuries; a few broken ribs when you were brought in but he most likely saved your life. You were unconscious for three days. Ask anything you want too." I thought for a minute and said, "Where is the driver of the car I was in?" She looked at me and said, "I am so sorry but he died and couldn't be resuscitated.” It felt like a huge burden had been lifted off of my shoulders. Then more questions popped into my head. I asked the nurse,” What happened to the guy that saved me? Is he okay? Can I see him" She smiled and said, "He's fine a little beat up but fine and you can see him tomorrow." I smiled and said, "one more question?" She looked at me and said, "Okay." I said, "What’s his name?" She said,” Shane Wilton."

Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough. As soon as I woke up I asked if Shane was awake to my relief he was. The nurse I had talked to the night before walked me to his room. To my surprise he looked about my age, which is seventeen. The nurse said, "Shane Wilton meet Valerie Easton.

Shane was in one word hot! He had hazel eyes; light brown hair and his upper lip had a ring in it on the left side. I had dark brown hair, green eyes and only my ears pierced. Compared to Shane I was the Grinch. After about ten minutes of awkward silence the nurse said, "well I guess I'll leave you two alone.” After she left I sat next to him and said,” thank you." He turned to me looking surprised and said,” why the heck are you thanking me I could have killed you as a matter of fact I did kill you but I was smart enough to help you after I did that to you. He was yelling now.” that man that was driving I couldn't save him! I killed him and I will never get over that. So why are you thanking me?” I said,” that man that you killed deserved to be killed lets just keep it at that.” Shane said,"Nu-uh that's not good enough! Why in the h*** does he deserve to die?” I was p***ed now and I started yelling "Because he raped me and abused me! My Parents were addicted to drugs. He was their drug dealer and when they had no money they offered me up as payment and he took it! I was only seven so I have been with him for ten years! Tell me that after ten years of abuse, neglect, and begging for food at a restaurant that you wouldn't have a smile on your face when the person that caused all of your pain was killed! And even though I have nowhere to go I am still happy because he is dead."

I right after I screamed at him. The nurse came in and took my blood to make sure I didn't have an infection. Two hours later the doctor came in and told me some shocking news. The doctor said,” You’re going to have a baby.” I said, “No no please tell me that you're joking!” He looked at me with sympathetic eyes and said, “Sorry sweetie but I'm not joking.” I asked,” how far along am I?” He said,” about three months."

Shane came to my room a few minutes later just in time to see me crying. He came over to me and gave me a hug. He whispered in my ear” I am so sorry.” For what seemed like forever we stayed like that, then the nurse came in and told Shane he had to leave. He said,” I’ll be back tomorrow" and kissed me on the forehead. I realized that I liked him, a lot and that was the scary part.

Shane kept his promise and visited me first thing in the morning. He went down to the cafeteria and got me breakfast. I felt butterflies in my stomach whenever he was close but I am pretty sure that was just the baby.

We talked about everything but what I wanted to talk about most.... us. I found out a lot of things like he just moved here from upstate and was going to my school. He had a little sister named Amanda who was ten. His Dad had left him and his mother before Amanda was born. Five years after Amanda was born Shane's mother turned to drugs and became abusive. So at sixteen Shane became emancipated and filed for custody of his sister. He was granted custody and his mother wasn't allowed to come near her. I realized that he wasn't perfect but he was darn close to it.

This is just the first part.....

haha thank you.

jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
This i great! I really want to hear more, keep writing!! :)