The Reply | Teen Ink

The Reply

By stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other

While she was celebrating her friend’s birthday I started decorating our bedroom, making it ready for a spectacular night. A night to remember, because it is the night where I will say the two magic words, “marry me.” I started with removing our beige curtains, and placing new red ones. Then I removed the blue bed sheets and placed new red ones, slowly I placed white roses on the bed drawing a heart and placed our picture in the middle. Then I placed red roses all around the room. I looked at my watch it was around seven thirty. The party ends at seven forty five, that means she’ll be here any minute so I placed the red night gown I bought on the bed , grabbed a pen and a paper and wrote, “Wait for me , I’ll be here by 9:00.”
I grabbed my things, and decided to go and have a drink. To give her some time to get dressed and get prepared for this night. On the way I stopped by a DVD store and bought the latest album for Taylor Swift, which contained the song “love story” her favorite. Then I headed down to “Larry's”, I ordered a beer and sat for a while thinking about how this night was going to be.
I swiftly walk into the room, place the CD in the stereo click number 4 and we start listening to “Love Story”. At 3.08 the moment she says
“He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring
And said, marry me Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story baby just say yes”
I’ll kneel to the ground take out the ring and say, “marry me.” She will most probably say yes, and then I’ll place the ring in her finger stand up and kiss her. We’ll spend the whole night making love celebrating this amazing night.

Suddenly while I was in the middle of day dreaming, someone poked me. I turned to my right, and was surprised by what I saw, suddenly the flashback starts. A thirteen year old girl was walking down the hall heading toward her class, a boy standing by the corner staring at her. He walks toward her and bumps into her thinking that this is the cliché way to meet your true love. Her books fall on the ground, he helps her pick them up and their eyes meet for the first time. That was the first time they met, from that day they became friends and gradually they became more. He saw her walking through the green field behind their house in her red dress, she was running and he was following her. Suddenly they both fall on the grass, and they have their first kiss. And suddenly it was prom, as he saw her in that amazing grey satin dress his mouth fell off. She looked stunning, that night as they danced he knew she was the one and so did she. It was month later at night, he saw her in a black jeans and a white T-shirt as she sang
“Goodnight, sleep tight
No more tears
In the morning I'll be here
And when we say goodnight,
Dry your eyes
Because we said goodnight,
And not goodbye
We said goodnight
And not goodbye
But not tonight
Not tonight dear mike
Tonight I’ll tell you
Let the tears fall off
Because tonight I say goodbye
I am leaving tomorrow
But my heart will always say
“I love you”
I have to leave tomorrow
I am sorry”

After she added the last part, she slowly gave him a kiss and placed her necklace around his hand and she said, “Don’t forget me…” then she took off.
He stood there for a while to understand what had just happen, and then he started crying.
Suddenly the flashback was over and he was back at the bar and jackline was in front of him. She slowly approached him and said, “Hello mike, it’s Jacky.” Mike took a deep breath and said “I know how can I forget you! How can I forget my Jacky…”
They stared at each other for a while, and then they slowly hugged each other. She looked into his eyes and said, “I miss you.” Then she placed her lips on his and was about to kiss him when he slowly moved backward. Jackline then said, “oh, I am sorry it’s been years you must have a girlfriend, or even a wife, and kids maybe. I am sorry.”
Mike took a deep breath and thought about Georgia, his girlfriend for years, the girl waiting for him back home. He thought about her, but slowly the thoughts faded and all he could think about was Jacky. He looked her in the eyes, approached her and kissed her.

As my lips touched hers, I remembered that you were waiting for me back at home. I remembered that I was in love with you, so I stopped and moved away. But then I thought to myself, if I leave Jacky now, if I go back home I will regret it. I will regret not going all the way with Jacky, I will regret not being with her though we might not have a happy ending, but I'll regret it. So I took a deep breath, kissed her and then we left heading toward her apartment. We spent the night making love, I kept thinking about you but slowly the thoughts faded and I realized I was in love with Jacky.

I am writing this not to hurt you, but to explain. To explain why the night I left you was unforgiveable, to tell you that you were right. I was going to kneel to the ground and propose but that didn’t happen, it is destiny. Georgia, you are an amazing person and I know you will understand because if you were in my place you would have done the same thing.

Sincerely,
Mike…

its preferable to read "unforgiveable" before you read this, so you can understand it better! thanks enjoy

on Jul. 22 2011 at 6:16 am
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
thank you!!

Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

I would hate to be the Georgia girl, I would cry and cry and cry some more, because I would just feel not good enough, but the guy was lucky to find the girl he had wanted.  (: Great story!