"HOME"

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

It’s damp and rainy outside as the three of us walk; him, the other, and me. We walk home in silence. It’s not usually like this – I’m way more comfortable with him when she isn’t there. Getting home seems to take forever, but I don’t care when I’m with him. What I dread is her being with us, too. There’s never any time for us to be alone anymore.

We get to my house, and my dad isn’t home. I don’t have the new keys to the house. We’re still working on that. I have to wait for him or my mom to come home.

“Well,” she says, “I have to go. See you guys tomorrow.”

I pretend to be upset, and he makes it really clear he wants her gone. He never liked her; she’s always just been in the way. I say goodbye and she heads home.

“Well, this is nice.” He says to me after she’s out of sight.

I look at him with curiosity. “What do you mean?”

“We’re alone for once. We can talk.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Look,” he says and grabs my shoulders gently, “I love you.”

How odd that he said this to me all of a sudden. I’ve been waiting years for this moment, and finally, today, it has come.

“Really? You love me?” I ask.

He nods.

For the second time in less than two minutes he catches me off guard again as he lifts my chin up to his and presses his lips to mine. And though it’s freezing outside, I’d never been warmer. The second he touched my shoulder, heat spread throughout my entire body, and now as our lips danced and our bodies melded against each other, I know I’m home. No key needed. No need to wait. Right here, right now, with him…I’m home.

Haha...the things we teen girls dream of...the things our friends tell us...I can't help but tell the world. :)

on Aug. 12 2011 at 10:44 am
Thank you:)

on Jun. 13 2011 at 6:45 pm
SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

This is very cute, and straight forward. I like it!(:

on Jun. 2 2011 at 11:57 pm
aww thx so much

on May. 31 2011 at 11:41 am
Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
This is amazing. nuff said

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!