My Shining Knight | Teen Ink

My Shining Knight

By TIMLUVER03 SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia
TIMLUVER03 SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia

We can't all be hereos because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.- Will Rodgers

My lungs burn as I breathe in cold, night air. I close the door quietly and slowly behind me. Then pick up my bag and head toward the woods. I glance back over my shoulder toward the house. The windows are pitch black. I take another deep breath and keep walking. I keep walking til I make it to the other side of the woods, to the road. Then I pull my cell phone out of my bag and call Blake.

It rings six times before he answers. “Um..Hello?” He says, his voice sounds tired. “Blake. Hey, it’s me Dylan.” I whisper. I look off towards the woods towards the house. And chills run down my spine. There’s some noise on the other end. “Oh hey Dyl.” More noise. “Why are you whispering?” He asks. Oh because I’m in the woods and I’m scared, Duh. “Yeah, about that. I need a favor.” I say walking over to the ditch and sitting down. “What is it?” “Can you come get me?” I ask. “Where are you?” “The woods by Rob’s house.” I know he will come get me. But that’s not what I’m worried about I’m worried about what Rob’s gonna do. “You know it is 12:24?” He asks trying to confirm that I’m crazy. “So. Are you coming or what?” I hate it when he does this. Tries to convince me not to do things. “Be there in five.” Then he hung up.

I laid my head on my bag in the grass while I wait for Blake. Blake he is like my knight in shining armor. That comes and saves me on a big white horse. Except he isn’t a knight. And there’s no armor or horse. But he does drive a nice pickup. These thoughts are interrupted by Blake’s truck pulling up. I grab my bag and walk to the passenger side of the truck and climb in. “Hey.” I say laying my bag in the seat next to Blake. He just stares at my arm. I look down at my arm and see the spot on my arm that’s starting to bruise. I cover it with my hand. I can feel his eyes still on me, and I feel my cheeks blush. I look up at him and he’s still staring at me. “He did that.” He states. I look out the window. I don’t want to talk about this now. “How can you let him, Dylan?” I can feel tears brim my eyelids but I don’t want to cry in front of Blake. So I blink a couple times, but it doesn’t work I still feel like crying. He mutters something under his breath then starts the engine.

When we get to Blake’s apartment he lets me change. While he fixes a place for me to sleep. I come out of the bathroom in my pjs, long green fluffy pants and a tank top. I go into the living room covering my bruise. I find Blake in the living room, flipping channels. “Um, Blake?” I ask. “Huh.” He says staring at the tv. “Can I borrow a jacket?” He looks at me and how I’m holding my arm. “Yeah.” He says through a clenched jaw. Blake gets up and goes to his room. He comes back with a light blue jacket. Blake hands it to me. I slip it on. It’s a little big, but its comfy. And it smells like Blake.

“It’s getting late Dylan and we have school tomorrow. So I’m gonna go to sleep.” “Yeah that’s a good idea. Good night.” “Nite.” Blake goes to his room. And I sit on his couch and flip through the movie channels. I’m sleeping on Blake’s couch I think as I fall asleep. I am wearing his jacket. Of course he wasn’t my boyfriend. Rob was. HE just was much better. He was my knight without the shining armor and big white horse.

I couldn’t sleep so I was awake before Blake came to wake me for school. I had already took a shower. Got dressed Ate. And watched a couple movies I have seen already. So I was way ahead of him. Blake came out in boxers and a t-shirt. He walked straight pasted me to the kitchen. Fixed himself some coffee and then sat down next to me. “Who made this coffee ?” I look at him he’s staring at the mug of warm coffee in his hands. “I did.” I say. Blake smiles and takes a sip. “Well its good.” “Thank you.”

He finishes his coffee and goes to get ready for school. My stomach churns as I think about school and Rob. I don’t wanna go. I don’t wanna get anybody hurt. Especially, Blake since he doesn’t even know anything. Blake comes out, I cut the tv off. And walk over to Blake. “Ready?” He asks. “Sure.”

Blake pulls into the parking lot and parks. We sit there in silence for a couple minutes, before he speaks. “Dylan. Why?” I look at him. His fingers are gripping the stirring wheel. And I know actually why. ROB. I put my hand on his arm and I can feel how tense he is. He looks at my hand resting on his arm. And he takes it in his hand. “Blake I need to tell you something before we go inside.” He’s still holding my hand, looking out towards the school. I don’t wait for a response I just tell him. “Rob’s gonna be really mad at me today. And you.” I say. I can feel him tense even more. “Why is he mad at me?” He asks, not looking at me. “Well we had a fight and it kinda involved you. And then I spent the night with you. That will pi** him off.” He looks at me. “I’ll be fine. I’m worried about you.” I take my hand out of his and grab my binder. “Don’t. Just stay away from him ok.” I say reaching to open the door. “Well I can’t do that.” Blake says smiling at me. “Are you trying to get your self killed?” I almost yell at him. “No I’m stopping you from killing your self.” I look out the window. “Just stay away. Cause the moment he sees you, you’ll be dead.” I say and get out of the truck.

Blake doesn’t follow me. Which is good. I go to my locker and get my books I’ll need for my first classes. When I go to shut my locker, He is standing there. I can feel my breath getting shaky. And I want to run. “Hey, Rob.”I say a faint smile on my lips. He doesn’t say anything. Instead he walks closer until I’m up against the locker. “Where were you?.” Rob whispers in my ear. I know if I tell him the truth he’ll be angry, but if I lie then he’ll know. I wait to long to answer. So he pushes me hard up against the locker. “Where?” He says a little louder. “Blake’s.” I choose to tell him the truth, but I’m worried about Blake. “I went over there. He didn’t know anything. I- “ Rob doesn’t care. His hand grabs my elbow. “You know I don’t like him Dylan.” He says looking at me, “He’s in your Science and English class right.” “Please don’t, Rob.” I beg. “Now that I think about it he’s in my social studies class.” He says smiling. “You wouldn’t.” I knew he would. “See you at lunch Dylan.” Rob leans down to kiss me, but I turn away. “I wouldn’t do that if I was you.” He says squeezing my elbow harder. I turn back to him. His lips meet mine, and his tongue tries to push through my lips. But I’m not going to let him. I pull back, he releases my elbow and goes off to class. Rubbing my elbow, I grab my books and head to English.

When I get to English Blake’s already there talking with some guy. I walk over and sit in an empty sit next to Blake. “Hey.” I say laying my books down. “Hey, Dylan this is Jason. He just moved here from Florida.” Blake says. I look at Jason and nod. “Hey, Dylan.” Jason says. I notice he’s tan and has pretty blonde hair. “Blake, I saw Rob.” That was a understatement. But it was true I did see him. “Who’s Rob?” Jason asks. I stare at Blake, wondering what he’s gonna say. “Rob’s my boyfriend.” I say since Blake doesn’t. “Oh.”Jason says looking at Blake. Blake stares at his desks and asks,” What happened?” I decide to leave out the part about me and the getting crushed against my locker. And my elbow, since Jason was here. “Um... Do you have social studies with Rob?” I ask. “Yeah. Why?” “Oh because he said he’s gonna beat you up.” I said casually. “What?!” Jason asked. Blake looks at me. Then he says ,”He’s such an a**.” I know he is. “What am I missing? Why doesn’t Rob like Blake?” Jason asked looking at us for answers. “He’s jealous that she does things like hanging out with me , talking to me, and coming over and wants to.” Blake says looking at Jason. “Like last night I came over, without telling him and now he’s mad.” I say to Jason. “I thought he was your boyfriend not your freak’in dad.” Jason says. “Well he is my boyfriend and he’s mad at you.” I say to Blake. “Let him be.” Blake says. And then the teacher, Mrs. Green walked in and started class.

After English I went to math, and social studies. Then it was time for lunch. When I walked into the lunchroom I paid for a lunch and got a table. Rob’s not there. The only thing I could think about was the fight. Rob’s fists hitting Blake’s flesh. I couldn’t stand it. I dumped my tray and went to the class where it would happen. I don’t even make it half way down the hall before I can hear them. Screams of “Go!! Go!!”. And teachers yelling at people to move out of the way. I run down the hall til I make it to the classroom. I see Rob held back by two teachers. And Blake sitting on the floor. His nose bleeding, His right eye is now black. A teacher is trying to calm a group of girls that are upset. I walk over to Blake. A teacher yells at me to get away from him but I don’t listen. Don’t care. I caused this. “Blake I’m going to take you to the nurse, ok?” I ask. He lets a low moan. I take that as a yes. I help him up and put one arm around his waist. We walk out, teachers yelling at us. But I keep walking. “I’m sorry Blake. This is all my fault.” I say as we get closer to the nurse. “No it’s not.” He murmurs. I look at him. He’s a mess.

When we get there the nurse tells me to go to class but I don’t. I stay and watch her clean the blood off his nose. And put ice on his eye. When she finishes she sends us to class. Next we both have science, Mr. Roc. “I’m sorry.” Blake says. “Why?” I ask truly wanting to know. “Because I called your boyfriend an a**. And then he punched me.” he says. I still don’t get it. Blake was stating a fact. And he got hit. It wasn’t fair. “Don’t apologize.” I say grabbing his free hand.

At the end of science I go to P.E. and play dodge ball. Then I go to Spanish. At the end of Spanish I wait out by Blake’s truck for him to take me home. While I’m waiting Rob comes up behind me. “Hey Dylan, You like what I did to Blake’s face.” he whispers in my ear. Chills go down my spine. I turn around and he’s mere inches away from me. “No, I don’t.” I say my voice shaking. “Well that’s too bad because it was all for you.” He says a wicked smile on his lips. Me? That’s sick. “Your insane!” I yell. “I never promised I was sane. Did I?” He says. “Are you coming home with me?” Rob asks stepping back. “No.” He kisses me quickly on the cheek then leaves.

After Rob leaves Blake comes out. “Hey”I say looking at his eye. “Hey where are we going?” Blake says staring at the tire of his truck. “Um...I don’t know. I’m not going to Rob’s.” Blake looks at me like I would be crazy to go there. And I would. “Just take me home.” I say climbing into the passenger seat.

A story I'm working on. Tell me what you think!!! PLEASE!!!

TIMLUVER03 SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia

Thanks, I summited the second chapter but its still pending it should be up soon.  I'm also working on two other stories.  But thanks, I'll definitely keep going. 

Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

REALLY interesting.  I couldn't stop reading and I was sad when it ended just like that.

imjustme123 said...
i really liked this! Please keep writing

shayneausten BRONZE,

Whether you think you're good or you think you're not, you're right. -anonymous

This is good, but of course there's alot of grammatical erros and such. Very good storyline and i want to find out what happens! Keep it up!

Lonleydandy said...
Yeah, definitely keep going!