Tutored to be Loved Chapter 14: Chrisoula | Teen Ink

Tutored to be Loved Chapter 14: Chrisoula

By chrisoulakat PLATINUM, Tinley Park, Illinois
chrisoulakat PLATINUM, Tinley Park, Illinois

"Stop waiting and be free. Of me- put me deep inside you and then go out in the world and live. Love the world and yourself in it, move through it offers no resistance, as though the world is your natural element." -The Time Traveler's Wife

Chrisoula is my life saver. She is the one who is helping me through this pregnancy. She’s been taking me to classes about how to take care of a child and how to breathe when in labor. What would I do without her? She bought me a few dresses for my daughter. I am now eight months into the pregnancy. Everything feels as though it’s been going too quickly now.

“Chrisoula, I want you to be the godmother of my daughter. “I told her while we were at a local café ordering tea. I was craving it all week.

“I would love to.” She smiled brightly at me. “She would call me Nouna Chrisoula.” We laughed. She is totally going to make my child Greek.

***
A month later I had my daughter. Because Chrisoula’s name in Greek means Follower of Christ, I decided that my daughter had Christ’s name in it. My mother’s name is Ana. I felt as though Christiana Elizabeth was the perfect name for her. She was so perfect coming into this world. I couldn’t ask for anything better.