'Till Death Do Us Part | Teen Ink

'Till Death Do Us Part

April 21, 2011
By Angelica Dominguez BRONZE, Berlin, Maryland
Angelica Dominguez BRONZE, Berlin, Maryland
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was movie day with Annabelle. We get to call in sick to work and just spend the day at the movie theater or rent movies. We had this day whenever one of us needed a break. This time it was Annabelle who needed the break.

“Kayla, what movie do you want to see?” Annabelle asked me with a nudge of her elbow.

“Whatever movie you want to see. You did call the movie day, my dear.” I answered as I entwined my arm with hers. She was in an action mood I guess because now we are sitting here watching Gamer with Gerard Butler in it. Or she just wanted to check out some guys since there’s a herd of them in here. That was when he caught my eye just three rows back. Handsome, tall, and tan He sat there waiting for the movie to begin, oblivious to my stare. His dark curly hair, barely covering his eyes. His blue eyes were breath taking. Actually his whole face was breath taking. All of a sudden I heard someone calling my name and I felt a hard pinch on my arm.

“OW! What was that for, you dummy?” I shouted as I realized it was Annabelle who pinched me.

“Well maybe if you would just pay attention to me I wouldn’t have to pinch you,” She snapped back. “What were you staring at anyway?” She then looked in the same direction I was ogling in and her mouth dropped. She found out what I was staring at. “Oh my gosh! He is gorgeous! Such masculine features too! Mm I could eat him up!” She shouted as the lights began to dim.

“Annabelle, shush the movie is starting.” I loudly whispered as I pulled her back around.

“You should go talk to him after the movie. You have to.” Annabelle whispered to me as the movie started.

“No. the last thing I need in my life is a guy.” I was in line for a promotion soon. I had to focus on work. I couldn’t afford to gain emotions for some guy that was going leave me soon anyway. “Plus I don’t want to get hurt anytime soon just because the guy needs to ‘discover himself’ with three other women.”

“OK, but that was last year that Charlie did that. It’s been a whole year since you’ve been on the dating scene or at least talked to another guy, besides Sean. Not every guy is an a**hole,” I let out a huge sigh. Sean was my only guy friend for the longest, since I could remember. He’s always been there for me and has even been my shoulder to cry on sometimes. He was, and still is, a great friend. “At least say hi after the movie, c’mon Kayla, please.” Annabelle then started to do her little puppy dog face and whimpering voice. I couldn’t resist.

“Fine. When the movie is over I will talk to him.” I said in a loud whisper, and then three people in front of us and behind us gave us a loud shush. We stayed quiet for the rest of the movie.

The movie was pretty good. I’ll have to add it to my DVD collection when it comes out. I stood up just to get pushed and nudged up the isle by Annabelle. I didn’t even have to ask. She was trying to get us near that guy so I could talk to him. I finally spotted him two people away. Then I felt myself hurling towards him, thanks to Annabelle. I stopped myself just before hitting him. In fact I was walking right next to him now. I couldn’t help but take glances at him from the side. He was even more handsome up close. The next thing to happen still shocks me to this day.

“Hey, enjoy the movie?” It was him. His voice was as beautiful as his face. I turned to look at him and I just wanted to faint from his smile.

“It was very good. You?” Was all I could muster up. I felt like I could fall over any minute. Why was this guy making me so nervous? It’s not like I have never talked to a guy before. Even when I have, I’ve never felt nervous.

“Yes I did. My name is Spencer.” He said as he handed me his hand. I willingly gave it to him, even though I knew it was all clammy. He grasped my hand in the gentlest way and kissed it. D*** the butterflies in my stomach.

“I’m Kayla.” I said back in a nervous tone. This guy was just too perfect. Something had to be wrong with him. Evil mother? Psycho ex-girlfriend? Or maybe a kid? No. Maybe this guy was that one in a million.

“Well Kayla, I was wondering if maybe we could go out one day. We may even call it a date.” My mouth just dropped. “If you’d like to, that is.” He added quickly. Of course I’d love to go on a date with a good looking guy that seems like he is really in to me, why wouldn’t I?

“I’d love to!” I practically shouted with as much enthusiasm as I could muster. Looking back now I looked so desperate and crazy. But guess I was crazy. Crazy for staying with him as long as I did, but that’s later in the story. We made plans for that Saturday and for him to pick me up at eight. That night I called Annabelle and Sean and gave them all the details of every word and expression between me and Spencer.

The author's comments:
This is the first chapter of my book. Tell me what ya think!