chapter seven: Forever waiting | Teen Ink

chapter seven: Forever waiting

March 29, 2011
By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
55 articles 3 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."


In that one word, I’ve left myself stranded in pit of fear and guilt. I can’t run away any longer. I’m stuck here waiting for the suspense to end and for the truth to finally be told.
I tried as best I could not to look into his brown eyes and get lost in them. If I was pulled in I wouldn’t be able to get free of him. I wouldn’t be able to find comfort in knowing we’ll never be together again. I don’t want to be with him. I won’t let myself be with him, but as I sneak a look at his face I fall. I fall back into the past. It was like that first Halloween all over again. I was nervous and shy, but part of me still felt like that girl on prom night still at the edge of my seat waiting.
But this time I was not waiting for him to sweep me off my feet and take me to prom. No; I was waiting for something much more important. I was waiting for answers- something to calm my endless unanswered questions. What brought Aoran back into my life? What allows him to take the steps back into my heart? Truthfully, it felt as though he was already inside, but was he allowed to stay?
As these thoughts flew through my mind, I barely realized he was speaking to me. “You havta forgive me, please?”
“Sorry, what?”
“Sophie, please. I’m asking you to forgive me. After everything-“
“No; I mean ‘why should I?’” I corrected.
“I didn’t send you that text okay? That wasn’t me, I swear.”
“Then who was it?”
“Gerry.”
At the sound of the name my jaw dropped, “What?”
“Gerry Williams.”
“Ya, I heard you. But why?”
“Remember two weeks before prom?”
The incident was quickly pushed to the front of my mind, but I didn’t remember mentioning it to him at all.
“What are you talking about?”
“Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about. I know what Gerry did. He told me all about it.”
“Okay, Gerry asked me to prom. What does that have to do with anything?”
His eyes bore into mine and I could tell he wasn’t up for any BS and he knew that I wasn’t stating all the details.
“I know you’re trying to hide it, but I already know. I’ve known since before I got here so don’t try to pretend like him kissing you never happened.”
“Alrite! I get it . It happened. What else do you want me to say? It was one kiss, I pushed him away and I turned him down. I didn’t go to the prom with him! I didn’t even go to the prom with you! So don’t stand here and try to make me feel bad because I’m tired of it and I’m tired of us!”


The author's comments:
Its been a very long time since I've posted or written something with my own purpose and I'm very sorry to all my fans. I chose to finish it because of wonderhaley LOL, who commented and begged for chapter seven so here it is! Sorry if I'm a little rusty and I believe my style and voice changed a bit.