chapter seven: Forever waiting | Teen Ink

chapter seven: Forever waiting

By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

In that one word, I’ve left myself stranded in pit of fear and guilt. I can’t run away any longer. I’m stuck here waiting for the suspense to end and for the truth to finally be told.
I tried as best I could not to look into his brown eyes and get lost in them. If I was pulled in I wouldn’t be able to get free of him. I wouldn’t be able to find comfort in knowing we’ll never be together again. I don’t want to be with him. I won’t let myself be with him, but as I sneak a look at his face I fall. I fall back into the past. It was like that first Halloween all over again. I was nervous and shy, but part of me still felt like that girl on prom night still at the edge of my seat waiting.
But this time I was not waiting for him to sweep me off my feet and take me to prom. No; I was waiting for something much more important. I was waiting for answers- something to calm my endless unanswered questions. What brought Aoran back into my life? What allows him to take the steps back into my heart? Truthfully, it felt as though he was already inside, but was he allowed to stay?
As these thoughts flew through my mind, I barely realized he was speaking to me. “You havta forgive me, please?”
“Sorry, what?”
“Sophie, please. I’m asking you to forgive me. After everything-“
“No; I mean ‘why should I?’” I corrected.
“I didn’t send you that text okay? That wasn’t me, I swear.”
“Then who was it?”
“Gerry.”
At the sound of the name my jaw dropped, “What?”
“Gerry Williams.”
“Ya, I heard you. But why?”
“Remember two weeks before prom?”
The incident was quickly pushed to the front of my mind, but I didn’t remember mentioning it to him at all.
“What are you talking about?”
“Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about. I know what Gerry did. He told me all about it.”
“Okay, Gerry asked me to prom. What does that have to do with anything?”
His eyes bore into mine and I could tell he wasn’t up for any BS and he knew that I wasn’t stating all the details.
“I know you’re trying to hide it, but I already know. I’ve known since before I got here so don’t try to pretend like him kissing you never happened.”
“Alrite! I get it . It happened. What else do you want me to say? It was one kiss, I pushed him away and I turned him down. I didn’t go to the prom with him! I didn’t even go to the prom with you! So don’t stand here and try to make me feel bad because I’m tired of it and I’m tired of us!”

Its been a very long time since I've posted or written something with my own purpose and I'm very sorry to all my fans. I chose to finish it because of wonderhaley LOL, who commented and begged for chapter seven so here it is! Sorry if I'm a little rusty and I believe my style and voice changed a bit.

Nessa13 GOLD said...
on Jan. 20 2012 at 9:36 am
Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana

"Love, but never fall in love, because things that fall get broken"
-Taylor Swift

I was thinking the same thing! Because when she said she had to look away from Jeramys gray eyes, ahe looked right into Aarons light blue ones!! Still this novel is coming out AMAZING!!!!

on Oct. 22 2011 at 12:46 pm
Imperfectlife SILVER, Rochester, New York
this story is good and plus, this is the view of the girl, so you couldn't just describe the boy's view because it's the girl, not the boy, so that's why he cursed to make it realistic beacuse people curses when they cannot describe their feelings.

on Aug. 19 2011 at 7:44 pm

I this story, but it is so sad that some one with such talent like you has lowered themself to using a curse word to describe the feelings of the Aoran in the story.

on Aug. 19 2011 at 9:40 am
lunalovegood32, Silver Spring, Maryland

never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has- margaret mead

yea i thought she said blue too

on Aug. 18 2011 at 8:20 pm
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

FIRST, you must tell me what your FAVORITE PIECE IS(: your absolute favorite!

on Aug. 18 2011 at 10:37 am
Haley_Elizabeth GOLD, Wallingford, Vermont

"Embrace imperfection rather than hide your flaws."

Yes. I also wondered the same thing. Because if he didn't send the text and he never found out that it was the other guy until college, then why didn't he still pick her up or talk to her again afterwards?

on Aug. 18 2011 at 10:31 am

Please, please, please, write a next chapter. This story is absolutely AMAZING!

Vixen said...
on Jul. 7 2011 at 1:57 pm
Vixen, Male&#39, Other

Whatever!! xp

Wow.. Love this story... Cant wait for the next chapter... :)

indyauthor said...
on Jul. 7 2011 at 1:23 pm
I really like this story; it's sweet and sad and keeps me reading. Except o don't understand why he never picked her up for prom or never spoke to her afterwards if he didn't send the text...maybe explained in next chapter?

Schubster said...
on Jul. 6 2011 at 2:42 pm

I was nervous and shy, but part of me still felt like that girl on prom night still at the edge of my seat waiting.

^^ loved those parallels...or are they metaphors?

Gah, whatever they are, they were excellent :D great work with the story thus far.

on Jun. 8 2011 at 3:51 pm

Hello? Where are you? I really need a next chapter. Your killing me, just leaving me hanging here. C'mon, please:(

on May. 21 2011 at 7:46 am

Hello? I'm waiting for the next chapter. Please hurry! :)

bayleem GOLD said...
on May. 4 2011 at 4:50 pm
bayleem GOLD, Yarmouth, Maine

"Best Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.”

PLEASE PUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!

on May. 3 2011 at 2:30 pm
Dark_Angel95 PLATINUM, Hickman, Kentucky

A simple minded person can understand the most complicated things.

but it is good. i cant wait. its very good.

on May. 3 2011 at 2:28 pm

you said before his eyes were blue.

on May. 1 2011 at 10:26 am
twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York

"Success comes to those who persist after all have given up. Which is why it is never crowded along the extra mile."

omigosh u need to write another one this is too good

on Apr. 12 2011 at 4:24 pm

Ahhhhhh. Thank youuu. FINALLY! i LOVE how you gave me a shourt out! I loved it:) More pleasee! You just can't end it here!

on Apr. 10 2011 at 5:36 pm
ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other

"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

You can't just leave in here, right another PLEASE!!!!!!

on Apr. 10 2011 at 12:48 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio

Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

Ok, that was really good :D, are you thinking of making another one!?