My lost love | Teen Ink

My lost love

February 28, 2011
By KelseyLei GOLD, Seffner, Florida
KelseyLei GOLD, Seffner, Florida
19 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition!"- Marilyn Monroe


With a deep pain in my chest I turn around and look for any sign of comfort finding only the ground. I should have listened to you, who could have guessed that I'd be the one left. Left with my heart on my sleeve, with memories of you and me. My chest aches, my eyes swollen. Now there's no holding back. I loved you then, I'll love you now even if I never knew how. I turned you away again and again with nothing to gain but what I thought was freedom. But it's not, no this isn't freedom. I'm trapped in a prison, my mind isn't an asylum. Its a black hole I drown in frantically searching grasping for anything to save me. Everything reminds me of what used to be, you're in my heart, and on my mind. How do you get through each day, knowing I'm not okay? I've told you once and I'll tell you a million more times I love you and I'll never stop. Even if this cruel cold world keeps us apart. There's a distance, no denying that but there's still our bond. You know me better then anyone and that could never change. Time passes and things remain the same, you're gone. Memories blow away in the wind. Pictures stray away. But in my heart you'll always stay. Dear darling of mine no amount of time can reverse our vows of love. even if now doesn't work we'll find our way together somehow, and I hope. I pray that someday you'll make your way back to where you belong, where you should stay. Friends until then my lost love.