Love IS Respect - Epilogue

By Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas
Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

I’d circled around the movie theater Friday night after those a******* messed everything up. I had been thinking Taylin would have come to her senses and begged me to forgive her for that scene she’d caused, but I was wrong. She just twisted the knife deeper into my back. The b*tch had called that jerk she’s so buddy-buddy with and then let herself be carried off by him as he cradled her in his arms.

“Tyler Jones,” I spit, cursing him to hell, where I now sat in my car outside his house where he’d taken her. It was now 8:00 a.m. Monday morning. School started at 9:00. That idiot would have to leave soon and then I’d know if she’s still here. They’d probably been sneaking around behind my back the whole time. She’d played me for the fool telling me “Ty and me aren’t speaking. You don’t have to worry about him.” Right.

The garage door opened. A black truck backed down the driveway. From what I could see there was only one head -- his. I was elated. She wasn’t with him. She’d realized how much I love her!

I called her immediately. Her phone rang and rang and rang. Why wasn’t she answering dammit?!

From my peripheral vision I saw a second head pop up. As the truck backed out onto the street I had an unobstructed view of the two occupants. Taylin was sitting in the passenger seat. She held her phone out for that barbarian to see. He took it from her, pushed a button, and gave it back.

The ringing stopped. My call was disconnected.

She said something to him. He put his arm around her. Then she let him kiss her.

I hit the steering wheel. Lying sl**.

Anger spread through my veins like a wildfire. Hate froze the blood that pumped into my heart. A red haze clouded my vision, but it helped me to see the light.

She’ll pay for this…

*** Please read:

This is a work of fiction. I was inspired by the Lifetime Original Movie, Reviving Ophelia, which is about an abusive teenage relationship. I was also inspired by another story that I read on Teen Ink by HLFelix called Stick ~ check it out, it’s really good~ http://teenink.com/fiction/romance/article/256850/Stick/?page=1

If you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, please tell a parent, a teacher, a guidance counselor, or an adult you trust. Don’t try to “handle” it yourself; this type of situation is above your expertise. Abuse is about manipulation and is not restricted to physical violence. Verbal and Emotional abuse is just as damaging and hurtful. Even if you’re ashamed or promised not to tell, this is a serious issue that needs to be told immediately. And don’t be the person who knew and didn’t say or do anything. It could be a matter of life and death or serious injury. I repeat, this is a work of fiction, but for some it’s real life.***

Okay, so I decided that this story wrapped up nicely with just Taylin's perspective, but I already had this part of Brandon's perspective written. I don't know if I will continue this story in the future, but in case I do I decided to go ahead and share this and let you all draw your own conclusions...

on Feb. 10 2011 at 4:48 pm
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

I hope there's more! I'm in love with this story!

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!