Watching

Sometimes I find myself watching you.

There's something about you that attracts my attention. Something that calls to my heart. I hear the call, and it's just too strong, I can't ignore it.

Sometimes, I find myself watching you.
Watching the way your hand writes across the page, knowing it will never be my name.
Watching the way your hair falls into your eyes, knowing I will never be the one to brush it away.
Watching the way your feet shuffle along the concrete, knowing I will never be the one walking along beside you. Watching the way your hand hangs limp by your side, knowing I will never be the one holding it.

Sometimes, I find myself watching you.

Watching you, knowing you will never be mine.

Volleystar15 said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 11:58 am
this is so relatable, not stalkerish at all. haha its so true the words you wrote!

fictionluver said...
Really well written, keep up the good work!

MKimmi said...
What if like, by some chance, you get to be with the person?

KatreenaMarie replied...
then i would admit to the world that i was wrong....but he just got back with his ex, who keeps hurting him, and he just cant understand why he keeps getting hurt....

MKimmi replied...

oh, i get it now

thats sad

KatreenaMarie replied...
yeah, i guess....but i would rather have him realize it on his own, and come to me, than for me to force him to open his eyes too soon

MKimmi replied...
so he doesn't have a girlfriend already? and then like some day, the world will be clear, right? are you going to write a story based on this?

KatreenaMarie replied...
he does, but they keep going off and on, and he just keeps getting hurt

MKimmi replied...
like the song i dont know the title, by taylor swift! rite?

KatreenaMarie replied...
haha yeah sort of.....lmao he came out of the closet XD no wonder i didnt stand a chance bahahahahhahahahah

EyesWideShut This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 10:52 am

I've thought all of this SO MANY TIMES...

read my mind much? :P

This is such a good way to put that empty, hollow kind of disappointment. Good job.

Check out some of my stuff? Thanks!

MuSiC809 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so good and tru!:) like it. Read my stuff?

SilverLuna replied...
This is incredibly true, you have no idea how well I can relate to this. It's like, when your eyes have no place else to be, that's where they go, and when they're looking at something else, that's where they want to be. Great job!

KatreenaMarie replied...
thanks you guys :D