He's My Haley's Comet | Teen Ink

He's My Haley's Comet

January 24, 2011
By bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan
bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan
35 articles 0 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
\\\"When I stand before god I want to have no talent left so I can say,\\\"I used everything you gave me\\\"\\\"


That day I was given a point of reason. A point of light. It was as if the sky was dark during day and Haley’s Comet went shooting across my sky. It had such an array of light to it that I saw it for seconds, even minutes after it disappeared out of my vision. And after it was gone I wanted it too come back. I wanted to see that masterpiece that god created back in my sky.

That masterpiece, that work of art that brightened my sky and left a glow on my life was the most amazing man that has walked this Earth and made footprints on this heart of mine.

His name is Matthew Bednarski, or too me just Matt. We were normal teenagers in love. Bout our relationship was far from normal. There wasn’t long night conversations or an always-perfect relationship. There were arguments and some fights that almost brought both of us too tears. But our days together were amazing, and when we were in each other’s arms we were invincible. Our love was Indescribable.

But the day that is imprinted in my brain is when I awoke in his arms to the smell of his cologne. And as I removed his arm from my waist and crawled out of that bed that we had just entered hours before, I Looked in the mirror at this new girl that was reflecting back at me.

I wore his T-shirt, my makeup worn away and my hair an absolute mess. But my smile was what topped everything. It was as if that was the new definition of happiness. And as I heard that groggy voice call me beautiful and pull me back into bed I realized that as long as I was with him this glow would never fade.

But as I kiss him and say goodbye. It’s only for a while. Fortunately my comet doesn’t leave for years or centuries it comes around every week. But I still get the chills every time it enters my sky. And every time I see his smile that’s when he lights up the universe and becomes my comet. It’s when he becomes my point of light, my point of reason.

And after I see that comet shoot across my sky I realize I’ve fallen in love. Love so deep that I realize that our love could change life, as we know it.

That was the day I realized Matthew Bednarski was my Haley’s Comet.


The author's comments:
"As soon as he spoke to me I realized he was my forever."