I Will Wait | Teen Ink

I Will Wait

By softballwriter18 BRONZE, Butler, Pennsylvania
softballwriter18 BRONZE, Butler, Pennsylvania

Before she even had a chance to open her eyes she knew where she was. She had been going there her whole life. She sat up and opened her eyes to find the beautiful sight of the Atlantic Ocean. She looked beside her and saw her best friend of nine years sitting next to her. Chase had been her best friend for as long as she can remember. He’d helped her with everything, from failing classes to boy troubles.

“Hey. Chase. Wake up! We were out all night.” Chase groaned in his half asleep state. Chase and Tiffany’s parents were friends long before either of them was born. Every summer they take the same vacation together. This year Chase and Tiffany were both eighteen. It was Tiffany’s idea to go for a walk under the stars. The moon was full so Chase suggested they go swimming. He worked lifeguard a few summers ago and knew that there were always extra towels on the stand. They splashed in the surf for hours. Chase’s snoring brought Tiffany out of her remembrance.

“Chase seriously we have to go back to the house.”

“Tiff chill seriously you’re freaking out.” He had always been so laid back.

“Come on Chas let’s go.” She asked earnestly.

“Wait there’s something I want to tell you. Tiffany James I have loved you since the day we met, and I know you will never like me as more than a friend, and I’m okay with that as long as I get to be in your life.” Tiffany was so shocked she couldn’t speak.

“Chase you are right about how I feel right now you are like my brother, and I don’t know if I can think of you as my boyfriend. Maybe sometime in the future, but not now.”

“Okay then I will wait.”

I know it's kinda cliche, but I tried to change the end up a bit.