Happy Moments | Teen Ink

Happy Moments

November 12, 2010
By emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
25 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the pen is mightier than the sword"


He smiled at me. His smile seemed to brighten the room. I’m glad that for the millionth time I was the reason he was smiling. I know I am being selfish saying that but if you met him, if you were like me, the person he loved, you would say the exact same thing. I loved him, and he loved me. I just told him so and that’s what made him smile. This was somehow better than every other time.

“I’m glad you told me.” He whispered and he kissed me. I kissed him back happily. That topped the list of happy moments. Happy moments, that’s what kept me from going insane from so many other things in my life.

__________



The next day was his football game. He got me a sideline pass so I wouldn’t be worried about that head cheerleader that’s always flirting with him. That blond stupid girl that couldn’t get a boyfriend and stop flirting with other peoples boyfriend and no more false hope for those boys. But I know she won’t not until my boyfriend is single.

But this is the last thing on my mind as I get to school. I see her pull up and she begins to flirt with every football player in sight. How disgusting. But I don’t have to worry about her. Prom is coming up and I already have a date.
___________


On the day of the prom I saw something interesting. The bane of my existence putting a corsage on. She had a date! Everyone was free from her! This had to top the list of happy moments. Now I could enjoy the dance.