You are not Alone | Teen Ink

You are not Alone

October 31, 2010
By smileyface9 SILVER, Meadow Vista, California
smileyface9 SILVER, Meadow Vista, California
8 articles 0 photos 13 comments

I know how you feel..I know alot of people say that and don't really mean it, but I do. I know exactly the feeling of love and getting hurt. My hear breaking into a million pieces and those million pieces into a million pieces. I know it's hard to move on right away. And so when I told myself I moved on, it was basically myself lying to myself for a good reason. I told myself that a million times until I believed it. And now..a summer and through fall later I believe it. It was my goal to recover over the Summer if it meant turning down every guy that asked me out and I did..including the guy I was trying to get over. I knew he wasn't right for me. I know it's still hard cause the feelings for him still linger when I'm around him or when his name is mentioned, but not as strong as before. Trust me. You can do it.


The author's comments:
This is some advice I'd want to give to a girl who's having trouble getting over a boy who broke her heart that she can get over him and that its okay. He's not a man yet if he cheats or toys with your heart. He's not a man if he lies. Only a boy who hasn't learned to grow up and tell the truth or stick with one woman.