Thank You For Wishing

She stood by the ancient wishing well, coins glistening, littering the bottom of the pool. The coin was cool in her hand, making her palm tingle warmly.

‘What should I wish for?’ she thought to herself. She already had good friends. Good grades. Good parents. Okay siblings. What else could she really want?

A face suddenly appeared in her mind’s eye. It was the handsome face of her childhood friend, now all grown up. His black hair lay softly on his head. His brown eyes were round, alert, and kind. His face was dusted lightly with freckles, his skin slightly tanned. His smile was wide and genuine, a gleaming ray of sunshine.

A smile touched her lips. The thought of him always made her smile.

She brought the coin to her lips and touched the metal to them.

“I wish for him.”

She flipped the coin out of her hand. It hit the water with a plop. She watched as it sank swiftly. It hit the bottom with a soft plink.

Someone called her name. She turned around to see him coming towards her, a smile on his face.

She glanced back at the well. She raised an eyebrow at it, as if to ask if it was playing a cruel joke on her.

He came in front of her and said in his deep musical voice, “I’ve been looking for you.”

She looked up into his face and saw a light in his eyes. She smiled.

And in her heart she whispered, “Thank you.”

UndiscoveredSweets said...
I can't explain it but i love this soooo much. I felt like i was really there watching what was going on. It was incredibly cute. :)