Our Summer- Chapter 27- The Deal | Teen Ink

Our Summer- Chapter 27- The Deal

September 24, 2010
By Drama_Queen13 DIAMOND, Nantucket, Massachusetts
Drama_Queen13 DIAMOND, Nantucket, Massachusetts
51 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live Life Like A Song."


Alyssa
Ok, seriously, I am AMAZING! So listen to this; everyone DESPISES the Not-So-Innocent-Now Summer and her only friend is LuLu; sad, washed up, LuLu. I was TOTALLY going to let her be on my side, but OBVIOUSLY she’d rather get beaten up in hallways. Which, by the way, was also made possible by yours truly! The two outcasts had been using that not-so-secret hallway the whole week, I decided that it was high time they realized they can’t just dodge the angry mobs. So after talking to some of those drooling idiots, I convinced them to stage an attack. Honestly, it didn’t take much brain-power on my behalf; that loser Rob would cut off his arm if I tossed my hair and asked him to. But wasn’t it just oh so PERFECT that little Sylvia Devito happened to be in that hallway at that exact moment and how she just got in there and BAM! It was CLASSIC. And the best part? Nobody suspects that innocent, new girl Alyssa could be capable of such a thing; Aren’t I fabulous? But I’m not done yet; not even close.
Summer’s gonna wish she were dead by the time I’m through with her. I thought as I glided ever so innocently down the suburban streets. He was standing there, just where we agreed by this tree that everyone claimed was magical (pleas; who’s dumb enough to believe THAT?). I turned my charm on extra high as I met him beneath the cool shade of the tree. He was cute; I could see why Summer would kiss him. Johnny was tall, with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes but he looked so SERIOUS.
God, what is it about this girl that drives all these guys crazy?! I thought never breaking my innocent façade.
“Have you thought about the deal I offered?” I asked him sweetly.
“I don’t know, I mean, I’ve known Summer forever and I’m kind of in love with her. How could I ever hurt her like that?” He said. Although his words made me furious, I remained perfectly tranquil on the outside.
“But if she were really your friend, you she really be saying such horrible stuff about you? Of course, nobody believes her, but do you really need that in your life?” my lying sounded so smooth and natural.
“But….” He started and never finished. I knew I had him there.
“I think you should get even and this is the way to do it. Besides, aren’t you sick of everyone hating you? I mean, she OBVIOUSLY wanted to kiss you.” Johnny was eating up every word. He would be giving in any minute now.
“Yeah, she did! You’re totally right! You’ve got a deal, but you’re sure she won’t get hurt?” he asked, just that one flicker of doubt left in his eyes.
“I’m positive. She’ll feel terrible for being such a b**** to you, but she won’t get seriously hurt by it.” I smiled, another easy victory.
“Great, than it’s a deal. Thanks Alyssa.” Johnny smiled his dimples showing before he started walking off to his house. I stood under the “magic” tree as I applauded myself on how good I was at lying.
Get ready Summer, the deal’s been made and you’re as good as gone.


The author's comments:
A short, evil little chapter narrorated by Aylssa. This never actually happened, this element of the story was added in for dramatic affect & it IS important. Enjoy!