Forever and Always | Teen Ink

Forever and Always

By CJbutterfly SILVER, Chattahoochee, Florida
CJbutterfly SILVER, Chattahoochee, Florida

\"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game\"

I was walking home from my last day in this town. I was going to college finally I could leave and go somewhere other than this town, I could wait. Until Brendon came up behind me and he reached around and covered my eyes and whispered in my ear “guess who”. I turned around and started to call him all those names I called him last night when we fought. I walked away yelling at him, as it thundered, to leave me alone.

“I'm not walking away from the girl I love again.” He call behind me

With out stopping, I said “Good, then walk away from your ‘rebound girl’”

He stopped walking, looked up at me “that’s just the thing, I don’t have one.”

I whipped around and walked back to him. I was about to yell at him. “How can you say one thing then say another?” I looked up at him; he starred back into my eyes. For one moment I forgot why I was mad at him in the first place. He pulled me close to him; cupping my face in his hands he kissed me. I threw my arms around his neck pulling him even closer to me. He stopped kissing me. I looked up in his eyes. I couldn’t say anything. So many thoughts were running through my head and I didn’t know what to say, and to be honest I didn’t want to say anything.

I finally choked out three simple little words “I…love…you”. He didn’t say it back; I could feel the look of pure panic that must have been on my face. I was stupid of course he didn’t love me back. I fell for his game again. I should have known that I wasn't good enough for him.

I tried pushing away from him grip, I felt like a fool. I knew I had messed up. I kept trying to get away from him but he just held on tight with a confused look on his face. Then he said the words that made everything better. “I love you, I always have, and baby I always will”

I smiled at him and he picked me up. He carried me to the lake were no one was around; I kissed his lips before he put me down. I fell into his arms. I loved how his arms felt around me; I loved how my head fit perfectly in his neck. Everything was perfect, I could not have asked for more.

He kissed my forehead as rain started to fall. We swayed slowly to the sound of the rain on the trees. I have never been happier in my life. Those days when we weren’t together felt like years, I would count every minute of the day praying he would be mine again, and now he was.

Once again he pulled me closer to him, and lifted my face up to kiss him. Before our lips touched I heard him say “I love you.” I didn’t say it back; instead I got on my tippy toes and kissed him passionately. Our hands intertwined as we kissed.

Everything was ruined by a phone call. I answered my phone, my mom was yelling at me to come home. He dropped to his knees exaggerating the moment. He begged me not to leave. I giggled as I tried pulling him up. He looked me in the eye and said “I'm not kidding.” I just got you back and now you are leaving to go to college. It’s not fair.

He got up off his knees and I kissed his cheek, I threw my hand around him crying. I didn’t want to leave him; I didn’t want the best day to end like this. I whispered in his ear “I love you, forever and always.”

I turned away and walked home. I heard him call behind me “forever and always…”

When I would walk to class I dream about my ex, that I still love, doing this, and all this will happen. I know it never will but Im a dreamer. I love the idea og love.

fictionlover_o6 GOLD, Perpetual Village Tuguegarao, Florida
very swe-et! cool :)