The Moment is Now | Teen Ink

The Moment is Now

September 22, 2010
By AmanAhuja PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
AmanAhuja PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
31 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"God helps those who help themselves"


The moment is this, now. It feels as if there is nothing else in this world but this moment. The cares that usually guide us all...well, they are just petty and insignificant details that no one really cares about. I am here. You are here. The moment is this, now.
I don’t know if I will ever see you again. I don’t know if you’d want to see me again, either. I don’t even know how we would feel if anything happened between us. I know nothing and I like it that way. I like to think that there is some mystery alive in this air created by pedantic people, creating the need to know everything. I like to know that after tonight, there will be a new sunrise. I will open my eyes and there will be a new sky to look at. I would look up and find a new kind of beauty. Satiated. Content. I don’t know if you’d feel the same way. I don’t know if you’d feel anything at all. I don’t even know if you’d share the morning with me. All I know is that for now, I want to be with you. I want to stay close, touch, feel. I want it all now. The moment is this, now.
I don’t know if I will ever feel this way again. I don’t know if you feel this way now. I don’t know if you would ever feel this way. I know nothing. I don’t even know what this feeling is. It’s strange, really. I have never really felt this way before. This need to be with you. This need to look into your eyes. The need to feel the warmth of your skin. Even though I feel the need to look into your eyes, as you tenderly caress my fingers, I find looking at you quite overwhelming. You touch my face softly. I look up slowly. It’s hard to know what you are thinking. It’s hard to know what you feel. But as I look at the stars in your eyes settle, I see that you are smiling. I see that you think, too, that all we have for now is this moment. The moment is this, now.
I don’t know if the way you look at me now will last forever. I don’t know if you would want to look at me this way after tonight at all. But I want to capture this night in my mind forever. I want to treasure in my heart, the feeling of loss of sight, speech and hearing, when all I can see is you, all I can hear is my own pounding heart and all I can say is your name. Your name. Again and again. That is all I can think of. That is all I want to think of. When you move your hands through my hair, trace my jaw line with your fingers, press your lips against mine; all I can think of is the blessedness of this moment. The sanctity of this moment. The life that is this moment. The moment is this, now.
I don’t know if we would see the end of this moment. I don’t know if we would want to see the end of this moment. All I know is that the moment is this, now. I don’t know what made us live this moment. I don’t know what made us feel this way. I don’t know how we will live after this moment. All I know is that the moment is this, now. And this moment is my life.