Our story part 2 | Teen Ink

Our story part 2

September 12, 2010
By freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 75 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door." ;)


I just stared at him for what seemed like hours (But when I checked my watch, just five minutes). I wasn’t sure what to say or do so I just asked the dumbest, simplest question. “What are you doing here?” I asked him. “Trying to fix what I broke.” He said looking at me with a sad face. I knew he was talking about my heart. I didn’t want to deal with this. I had pushed him into the darkest corner of my mind trying to keep it there. Now that he was in front of me all the emotions I have been pushing down for an entire year were now surfacing with all the memories. “Well there is nothing to fix.” I said as I started to walk inside. He stopped me. “Excuse me.” I said going under his arm and into the library. I gave the librarian my book and I walked back outside where Justin was waiting for me. “Could you please just let me explain?” He asked me while I was walking to my car. I turned to him. “Justin there is nothing to explain. We got into a fight, out friendship was over and that’s it. End of story. So you can leave now and go back to Colombia.” I told him then turned back to my car. Part of me wanted to hug him and cry in his arms. Telling him how much I missed him. I held it down as much as I could. “I can’t. I’m starting here now.” He explained. I stopped in my tracks. I couldn’t hold it anymore. Memories of us were filling my mind. The good ones the bad ones, all of them. Tears filled my eyes as I got in the car. I turned it on and backed out while Justin watched me. He didn’t say anything or walked away. He just watched me leave. Not until later on did I realize he was crying too. I remember going to my apartment and crying like I have ever cried before. I had lost my best friend to a girl and now he is coming back tying to fix it. Well what if I was already fixed? What if I had moved on and didn’t need him anymore? Deep down I knew that wasn’t true but I couldn’t see him anymore. I was doing fine without him and know that he was back I wasn’t sure what I was going to do every time I saw him. I remembered how it was when he left me. I was a wreck for almost a week. I didn’t o to the last week of school. It was so bad that I couldn’t see him without getting angry or sad. How was I supposed to handle it now? The next day I had to babysit my cousin because my Aunt and Uncle had to go on a business trip. They would come back in three days. I thought it was cool that they trusted me to watch her. My cousin’s name was Cassidy and she had just turned six. She had blonde curly hair and the cutest dimples in the world. She loved to hang out with me so she was happy when she came over. I brought her to the park so she could play while I sat on the bench watching her play with her friends. I kind of wanted to walk around for a little bit so I asked one of her friends moms if she could watch her for a while. She agreed so I walked around the pond for a little while. I did this a lot when I needed to think. I sat down on the grass when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to find Justin walking up to me. “I thought I would find you here. Can I sit with you?” I didn’t answer, but he sat down anyways. We didn’t talk, we just sat there looking at the pond and the ducks. Then one of my favorite memories came to mind. Me and Justin came to this very pond and fed the ducks while talking about our lives. I felt tears coming on. I wasn’t sure why, but they were. I had been crying a lot since he came back. I didn’t know why, but it didn’t matter. He wanted me to leave so I did. Why did he all of a sudden want me back? I got up and was about to go back to Cassidy when he grabbed my hand. “Wait, we need to talk.” He told me. “Well it can’t happen here.” I told him trying to get him to release my arm. “Fine then late tonight I’ll go to your house. When Cassidy’s asleep.” He said. I didn’t answer him, but he let me go anyways. I walked to Cassidy and told her it was time to leave. She didn’t argue with me, she seemed rather tired. When we got home we both took a shower and got into our pajamas. Cassidy was wearing high school musical pajamas while I was wearing a dark blue shirt with light blue plaid shorts. We went into her bedroom (My guest room) and we watched Twilight (Her favorite movie). Before it had even ended she fell asleep. I turned off the T.V and quietly closed the door. I heard a knock at the door and knew it was him. I didn’t want to open the door, but something made me. I opened the door and there he was. Standing there with a rose in hand. I gestured for him to go inside. He handed me the flower and sat down on my living room couch. “So what is it that you want to talk about?” I asked him. His eyes were gleaming and for the first time he seemed unsure of what to say. “The reason I came back was so that I could be with you again.” He confessed. “I know I hurt you when we……. Split up, but I know now that I was wrong. I hope that you can forgive me and we can be friends again.” He told me. There was no doubt he was telling the truth. I could see it in his face. I finally decided to forgive him. I had thought about it all day and I figured it was the right thing to do. “Ok, I forgive you.” I told him. A smile spread across his face and his eyes lit up. Then I saw his expression change. Like there was more he wanted to say. “What is it?” I asked him. He was silent for a minute. “I also came back because I realize now that you were there all along. I couldn’t see it before but I can now. I came back because I wanted to date you.” He told me looking at my face for my reaction. Then at that moment I realized why I had cried so much when he left and when he came back. I was in love with him.


The author's comments:
I know that this one is REALLY long but I didn't know how to shorten it without leaving anything important out. I really hope you like it.