Unexected and Unexplainable | Teen Ink

Unexected and Unexplainable

By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts

“But I still don’t understand it, these words they are just so complicated, rich with meaning, if only I could understand what Romeo was trying to say…” I sighed helplessly. If only Mr. Hale, my English teacher, could explain it in words I could comprehend. He stood up and took my arm towing me behind him and toward his desk. “Here let me show you…” he said before picking up the book and quoting Romeo softly to me. “See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!” he reached his hand and brushed his thumb over my cheek making me blush and that was when I leaned in and did the absurdist thing in my entire life.
Mr. Hale dropped the book and his hands flitted to my cheeks. My lips only left his to take in my breath as I melted into him. He brought his hands to my waist and as he lifted me onto his desk many things were knocked off, things I didn’t care to concern myself with picking up at the moment. As our kiss heated up I scarcely heard footsteps coming from down the hall but I shrugged it off. Mr. Hale pulled my face back and with a shaky breath he warned me, “We need to stop.” I nodded also breathing heavily and hopped down from his desk. He picked the book off the floor as I grabbed a couple of pencils and a folder that had fallen. He placed the book back on the desk and took the things from my hands. “So do you understand now, ?” he asked me.
I nodded and whispered, “Yes.” Before grabbing my shoulder bag and heading out the door of his classroom without looking back. I practically ran down the hall to my locker to grab my sweatshirt before leaving the school. Pausing by the front door I put down my shoulder bag and threw my sweatshirt over my head.