One Last Thing | Teen Ink

One Last Thing

By KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California
KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Dear my love, Emily,

I don’t know if you’ll read this. You’ll probably see my name and chuck it in the bin. But I’m writing it anyway in hopes that maybe you still care enough to read it.

I have treated you wrongly. You bounced around, so full of energy, so excited to be in love. But I was the cautious one: I followed with my rain cloud, ruining your parade. I’m a pessimist, always have been. At least I’m an honest one. When you call up, crying about another social drama, I just go through the motions: “Hello.” “Uh huh.” “Mmm.” “Yeah, just horrible.” “Can’t believe she dumped him for Johnny Depp. Yeah. It’s ridiculous”. Or something like that. It was always the same. I just didn’t care enough to notice anything. Now I wish I had. Now I realize I was an idiot. So please, let me explain why I even tried.

You are beautiful. You’re smart, you’re quirky, you’re funny, you’re energetic, you’re happy. I fell for you for all those reasons, and many more. I was attracted to you. Opposites attract, right? Seemed to work for us. I’ve never loved anyone before. And once I felt it, I didn’t want to let it go. Even when I realized that my mind was moving on, I didn’t want to let you go. Who wants to let go of the sun and live in darkness and bitter cold? So I listened to my heart, not my head. I became blind. I didn’t see him coming. And I didn’t see how good he is for you.

Lars is your kindred spirit. You share the same energy flow. You like everything about each other. They should add a new law of physics: Optimists attract. It certainly worked for you.

I see now that I should have listened to my head and let you go the minute he came into the picture. I shouldn’t have waited for this. I wanted you so bad. Emily, you are my love, my light, my queen. I say now, on my knees, go with him. If you love him, and he loves you, go with him. I just ask for one thing:

Give me my ring back.

Anthony.

Just thought this would be funny. Please comment, as always! It's appreciated!!!!