Master of My Love - Part 2

Gasp.

I awoke with a start.

The last remnants of a dream dissipated as I sat up in bed, brushing my hair out of my face. I tried to recall what I'd been dreaming, but the events eluded my memory.

Disoriented, I shook my head to dispel the cloudiness that saturated my mind.

There was a blue glow coming from the television.

I remembered watching an episode of Legend of the Seeker that I'd taped, but I must have fallen asleep. Grabbing the channel changer, I turned the TV off and then glanced at the clock. It was a quarter to nine (a.m.), so I still had a couple hours before I had to get up. My first class wasn't until 12:30.

I re-situated myself under the covers and within minutes felt myself dozing off.

*******
****************************************************************

Beep. Beep. BEEP. BEEP.

I slapped the off button on my alarm clock effectively cutting off the loud intrusion upon my sleep.

How was it already 11:00? It felt as if I had just fallen back asleep.

I dragged myself out of bed and forced myself through my morning routine.

************************************************************************

The earphones of my iPhone were glued inside my ears as I bobbed my head to "I Love Playing with Fire"…

"Acting tough with looks that kill

You got me going and I can't stand still

My arms are dying to hold ya tight

You're my little dark dynamite

you know

I love playing with fire

and I don't wanna get burned

I love playing with fire

and I don't think I'll ever learn."

… by Joan Jett / The Runaways while I sat in the classroom waiting for class to begin.

Gradually, the seats began to fill up.

My professor, Dr. Cooper, always started his lecture promptly at 12:30. And today was no different. His class is required for Psych majors. He's one of the top professors at the university, but everyone says his class is super hard and you're lucky if you get a B. And to be perfectly honest, Dr. Cooper's kind of scary.

I yanked my earphones out when I saw the clock on my phone said 12:29.

"Good afternoon, class." He spoke hastily as if he were required to greet us formally and couldn't wait to have it over with.

"Today, for the first half of class, I am going to lecture over Subliminal Messages. Then we'll be watching a video documentary." Dr. Cooper said in a no nonsense tone.

Ten minutes into class I heard the door open. I couldn’t help but wonder who dared to show up late to Dr. Cooper's class.

I just hoped whoever it was didn’t take the empty seat next to me… OH, FABULOUS.

This would just unnecessarily bring Dr. Cooper’s attention in my direction. And I really didn’t need nor did I want that attention.

I suppose I was expecting Dr. Cooper to explode and demand to know why this person walked in late to his class.

But… nothing happened --- at all. No one said anything, not even Dr. Cooper. I was totally confused by the utter lack of response. Nobody even looked to see who the latecomer was, well, except me.

As the person sat down next to me, I couldn’t help but turn my head in their direction.

My heart stopped.

Flashes of images flitted through my head like a movie. The elusive dream of this morning became crystal clear…

“You really shouldn’t fight me, the pain will only be worse,” he said matter-of-factly as he took hold of my upper arm in an iron hard grip.

He started towing me backwards, into the house, but I fought him and the pain anyway, still staring at Dean, not caring about anything but why indifference was the only thing I saw on Dean’s face.

… He placed his hand around my throat then and bent down to look me straight in the eyes. His eyes, which were a lovely sky blue, changed to black. I couldn’t have looked away even if I wanted. I was mesmerized and I honestly couldn’t think or move.

I was drowning in the blackness that saturated his eyes. I gave him my heart, my mind, and my will. I gave him my “self”. I gave him everything. He was all that mattered. The crushing weight disappeared. He was my reason for living, my reason for existing…

I shook my head to clear away the cobwebs that once again cluttered my brain.

The guy sitting next to me was the guy from my dream. I couldn’t wrap my head around the fact that I’d dreamed about this very same guy. I’d never even met him. I’d never even seen him before today, before two minutes ago. In my dream he had kissed me. The worst part about it though wasn’t that he’d kissed me, but that I’d liked it because I have a boyfriend, Dean, whom I love.

“Hi,” the guy whispered, smiling, as he caught me staring.

I flushed bright red, embarrassed, as my heart stuttered back to life and into overdrive.

I knew his eyes would be a beautiful shade of blue before I even glanced up to meet his gaze. But when I did look into eyes, I caught my breath. His eyes were cerulean and even more beautiful than I remembered as they glinted beneath the fluorescent lighting.

“What’s your name?” He asked when I failed to respond to his greeting.

“Huh?” I stared blankly at his face.

“Your name,” he said quietly, “I asked you what your name is.”

“Oh,” I said stupidly, “uh, Sara.”

He smiled. “It’s nice to meet you, Sara. I’m Liam.”

I continued to stare at him, as I was rather dumbfounded by his very presence and to be perfectly honest a little bit awe-struck at his good looks.

After several minutes of staring, well, me staring, and him most likely thinking I’m a complete idiot, I forced myself to turn away from him. By the grace of God Dr. Cooper hadn’t noticed Liam’s late arrival or heard our brief whispered, rather one-sided, conversation and I wanted to keep it that way.

Although I tried to pay attention to the lecture and later the video, I couldn’t at all because my thoughts were all in jumbles trying to make sense of everything.

And it really didn’t help that I could sense his eyes, which stayed fastened on me, watching me for the rest of the hour.

When Dr. Cooper finally dismissed the class, I quickly gathered my things together. I needed to get out of there and away from his intense gaze. I hurried past him and out the door.

As I was walking back to my dorm, lost in thought, a pair of hands clamped down on my upper arms.

“OH!” I shouted, jumping a foot in the air.

“Ha. Ha. HA. HA!” The person roared with laughter.

I turned, already having realized it was just my boyfriend, Dean, and snapped, “That was NOT funny.”

“Yeah, it was. You should have seen the look on your face, Sara.” He managed to speak between chortles of glee.

“Stop laughing! You scared me half to death. I thought…” I trailed off, realizing I was about to tell my boyfriend that I thought he had been another guy.

“Thought what?”

“Uh, nothing,” I shrugged away his questions not wanting to get into a conversation about what I’d been thinking, “It really wasn’t funny.”

“Sorry,” Dean said trying not to laugh, without much success, as another bark of laughter escaped, shaking his frame.

I glared at him wordlessly not buying his apology at all.

“Aw, come on babe! Don’t be mad.” He pleaded with puppy dog eyes and deliberately pushed out his lower lip.

I narrowed my eyes.

He smiled at me.

I couldn’t resist him when he smiled at me that way.

Sigh.

“Knew you’d forgive me,” Dean commented.

“Arrogant much, are we?”

“Naw, I just knew you would.”

“Oh! And just what made you so sure?”

“Cause you lo-ove me and you can’t resist this,” he said gesturing the entire length of his body from head to foot.

Rolling my eyes at him I teased, “Yeah, right. You wish.”

“Hmmphh…I’m starving. You want to grab some lunch with me?” Dean asked, moving on to more “important” matters.

“Sure,” I smiled, “but you’re buying.”

“If I must,” he said as he tapped the tip of my nose.

“Don’t touch me,” I said playfully, swatting his hand away.

*******************************************************************

When Dean got up to use the restroom, I glanced up from the table where we sat in the Student Union.

My eyes connected with an all too familiar pair of startling blue eyes. I promptly lost my train of thought.

What is it about this guy, I asked myself. It should freak me out, him obviously following me and staring like that, but it doesn’t. That’s what really freaks me out. I could see Liam grinning. I looked away quickly, not wanting to come across as rude.

Ah, why couldn’t I get this guy out of my head? I stared down at my sandwich on the table to keep my eyes from drifting in his direction. There was something about him that I was missing. I was positive about that. For the life of me though, I just couldn’t figure out…

Concentrating the way I was, which was borderline obsessive, I didn’t notice Dean plop down onto the bench across from me. When I looked up, unconsciously searching for a pair of cerulean blue eyes, my heart nearly flew out of my chest.

I started in surprise. Luckily, Dean didn’t notice.

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw Liam’s eyes narrow as he suddenly jumped to his feet. A frown appeared on his face and his eyebrows slanted downwards as he started walking towards us with a purposeful stride.

For some reason, which I didn’t fully understand, I panicked.

“Are you going to eat the rest of that?” Dean asked me, eyeing my sandwich.

As if I could eat now, I thought. “No,” I said pushing it towards him, “you can have it.” My eyes briefly flickered towards Dean as he grabbed up my half-eaten sandwich.

“Thanks, babe,” he said around a mouthful of food.

Nervously, I glanced back towards Liam and noticed that he had stopped about two feet away. He stared directly into my eyes for a moment and then he veered to the side, no longer heading for the table where Dean and I sat.

I exhaled with relief.

It was short lived though because Liam decided to sit in the booth in front of me, which put him in my direct line of sight and continued his silent vigilance.

The lyrics to the song I was listening to earlier popped into my head as I couldn’t help but look in Liam’s direction from where I sat.

“… I love playing with fire

and I don’t wanna get burned

I love playing with fire

and I don’t think I’ll ever learn.”

I’m in trouble.

Liam smirked.

I gulped. Yeah, I’m in big trouble.

All of sudden, Liam scowled rather fiercely.

This just added to the overwhelming confusion I already felt. I closed my eyes, hoping to block everything out.

“Mmm … that was really good. Hey, don’t you have class in like ten minutes?” Dean asked.

My eyes flew open. I looked at my watch and sure enough it read 3:50. “Oh, crap! I have to go.” I exclaimed jumping out of my seat. “Later!”

“Wait, aren’t you forgetting something?”

I turned back towards the table as I asked, “What?”

“This,” he said as he tilted my face up with his finger and kissed me, closing his eyes.

I snuck a glance towards Liam only to find him not there. I felt dejected and that bothered me. I mean, here I was with my awesome boyfriend kissing me and all I could think about was another guy. What was wrong with me? I broke away from his kiss.

“I really have to go, Dean.” I mumbled in explanation.

I hurried away as the guilt invaded my body and I felt as though ice flowed through my veins. But not even that could stop my mind from becoming consumed with thoughts of the mystery that was Liam.

ImNotCrazy said...
awesome tell me wen post more

Robsessed replied...
Thanks! And I'll for sure let you know when more is posted.

its_just_me said...
I just love this story! Who's Liam? Why did he seem mad? I have so many questions! Tell me when the others are posted!

Robsessed replied...
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'll definitely let you know when more is posted.

Robsessed said...

Sorry about some of the spacing issues, it's beccause of the way I typed it into Word.

I forgot to add my Author's Comments, so here they are: This is Part 2 of Master of My Love, but sort of Ch.1 too. The part that is just entitled Mast of My Love is the Prologue, so that is what Sara's dream is referring to.

Please Comment and Rate. Or check out some of my other work.