A Letter to You | Teen Ink

A Letter to You

By Lovely_Lauren GOLD, Portland, Oregon
Lovely_Lauren GOLD, Portland, Oregon

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." -Anonymous

This is a letter to you. Yes you, the one who is reading this letter because I told you to. This letter is full of the memories that you have shared with me and given me. And now I am going to give these memories back to you, as a sign of my well being without you. I think it may be to your pleasing. I hope you realize after reading this letter that I am not completely over you and you can’t exactly live without me. At least that’s what I hope…
Do you remember the world looked sad to you as I called it quits the first time? I think you do. I think that’s why you came back to me on your knees, begging me to make the world look beautiful again. So I came back; I gave in and showed you a world more beautiful than you could have imagined on your own.
Do you remember the way you kissed me right after you ate Chipotles, just to prove how tasty Mexican’s were? I pushed you away laughing and told you I loved the how tasty Mexican’s were. So you grabbed me by the waist and- in front of everyone in the restaurant to see- gave me another kiss to just to prove that you were even more right the second time. You didn’t even stop to let me breathe. You just held me there, locked in your taco-scented embrace. But you did finally let go of me, though you still pecked me on the cheek every now and then, reminding me of just how tasty you were.
Do you remember the day you told me you loved me? The light rain was slipping off your charcoal black hair and running down your caramel face. We had just sneaked off from church- as we usually did on Sunday’s- and you grabbed my hand and told me to stop. Then you turned me around to face you and you looked deep into my blue-green eyes. The rain was pouring then, soaking me and causing me to freeze and shake. So you pulled me close to you to warm me, and you whispered you loved me in my tangled, dripping hair. I suddenly loved the rain and how warm it could be at that moment.
Do you remember our water war? Yes, that one. The one where I got you good and you and your friend grabbed me by the wrists to take me away. Your friend took the bucket and you looked me in the eyes and told me that soaking you was not wise. You wrapped your arm around my waist and tickled me under the ribs. I giggled, loving that you could be so serious even when you were kidding. You and your friend soaked me with the very full water bucket and you laughed. I got up, glared at you and stomped off to find another bucket. I eventually got you back and vice versa. Later, you wrapped me in wet hug and kissed my neck quickly so others could not see.
Do you remember when we cuddled during movie night? You sat next to me, and I “accidently” spilled pink strawberry soda all over the couch, therefore moving everyone off of it and leaving me and you sharing a single couch cushion. You wrapped your arm around my shoulders for a second and then crossed your arms instead. I crossed my arms as well, feeling hurt and suddenly I feel your hand trying to grab mine. I looked up at you and you had a small mischievous smile on your face. So I intertwined my fingers with yours, crossed my legs above yours and snuggled into your black sweatshirt for the entire movie. I was blushing for days after that night.

Finally, do you remember our first fight? We yelled at each other about nothing. I caught you flirting with her and I got angry and lashed out at you. You yelled at me for being so protective and clingy. We fought for a good ten minutes and then it was time for me to leave. I remember crying into my pillow long and hard that night. But then the next day you asked me to meet you at the park near the library. I came and tapped my foot like an impatient child. You came around the corner, looked at me for a second and wrapped me in your arms in an instant. You apologized into my ear and held me for a long time. It was then I realized how much I loved you.

So I hope when you read this letter, you come back to me. I know this was a letter to give back to you our memories, but I hope you cherish them like I do. And I hope that you remember why you loved me when you read this letter.
Because I remember why I love you.

on Jul. 26 2011 at 2:04 pm
Lovely_Lauren GOLD, Portland, Oregon

Aww thanks sweetie<3

on Jul. 20 2011 at 5:31 pm
itskyliesworld GOLD, Banks, Oregon

I have too many to name.

beautiful<3