The Dragon Prince! | Teen Ink

The Dragon Prince!

August 7, 2010
By Sherhazad SILVER, Verona, Missouri
Sherhazad SILVER, Verona, Missouri
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

It was a dark and foggy morning when she left her aunt's house. The time was half past five. She loved her aunt she truely did but life with her and her aunt's new husband had become unbarable. Not to mention his plans to marry her off to a stranger named Draco Flames.
So she had packed her bags last night and left this morning. She was eighteen and so of legal age to seek her fortune. Her parents had disapeared two years ago never to reapear. They had left her little more than the clothes on her back. They had been poor folk but she missed them.
She strode down the road hoping not to be beset by bandits for she had no way to defend her self. The thick woods crowded the road making a perfect spot for an ambush so she hurried past. She had always been told never to stray from the road for the woods were filled with unspeakable evils and bandits. There were rummors of rogue wizards, enchanting streams, and dragons. She glanced into the underbush and saw a bare human foot. She wanted to screem but she tightened her lips. She slid her eyes up the foot belonged to a bandit.
The bandit stepped out infront of her and cockily smiled. "Hello lady give me your bag and I'll count it as your toll for walking on my road," said the bandit.
"But sir it is all my worldly possessions," she replied.
The bandit smiled. "That's the point." He reached for it and she had no choice but to give it to him.
"Good girl now go on along your merry way," he added.
So she was forced to continue her way without food or water. She walked all day and cried some too becuase she was so hungrey.
When night fell she curled up at the base of a tree and quickly fell fast asleep.
Suddenly she awoke there was someone coming down the path. Was it a friend, foe, or disintrested crone? Probably after this mornings encounter she thought a foe.
So she crept away from the road into the forest! The forest she had always been warned to keep out of.
To be continued in The Dragon Prince 2!