Be Mine.

He was on his way from his house to hers. He will be here soon, he will. She kept telling herself the same thing over and over again in order for her not to fall apart, again. He was the only one she wanted to talk to right now, she hasn’t said a word to anyone else since it happened the day before. How could he!? Why? She loved him and he told her the same…. He lied to her.
She couldn’t hold back any longer. She slammed herself in a laying down position on her couch, and sobbed. She squeezed her eyes shut so tight they became sore and hurt. The sound of the front door opening and closing came into the darkened living room. She didn’t even look up when she heard him step into the large room and stand next to her, silently. She squeezed even tighter, willing herself not to let him see her like this. If I close my eyes tight enough he won’t notice that I’m crying. But that was ridiculous, of course he could. He sat down next to her and pulled her on his lap, cradling her like a small child. She felt comforted and safe in his arms. She shuddered and sobbed even louder, not worried about holding back for him.
They sat that way for what seemed like hours before she wiped her last tear from her cheek. Her eyes were a little puffy and red from crying, but he looked at her as if she were beautiful. He put his hand over her sand colored hair and his lips went up slightly in one corner.
“ I’m here for you.” She suddenly noticed that his eyes were all watery and a little red themselves.

She took a deep breath and shuddered. “ Why are you crying?” She was a little confused when his smile only got bigger.
“ Because… he upset you. He made you cry, he hurt you, Aria.” He pulled her closer to his chest and she didn’t struggle. He smelt of Chocolate Axe and leather from his black jacket. She always did love the way he smelled.
“ Well, I don’t want you to be unhappy, Jared. I… You shouldn’t be unhappy.” Tears started to well up in her eyes again. He shushed her.
“ Shhhh. Please don’t cry again. I don’t like to see you cry.” He lifted his creamy hand and brushed tears from under her eyelid. “ I am happy…now. I want to be here with you. You haven’t talked to anyone since he broke your hart and you called me. I like that you can trust me, that you care. I like that you seem to care… about…me.”
“ She smiled at him. “ Seems like? You’re the person I care most for. I- I… rally…like you. I’m so glad you came here.” she looked him over with his blond hair reaching his ears and his long body still cradling her. He leaned into her and she leaned a little, too.
“I think I love you, Aria.” He whispered so softly she barely heard him.

Of course she loved him. Ever since they became friends she had loved him, but she never had the thought of being in love with Jared. There was only…Him. But he was the one she always called when things got bad. The one who dropped everything to be with her, he loved her. He would jump in his car at 11:35 at night just to come to her home and hold her while she wept on his lap.
“ I think… I think I-I… I love you, too.”
He leaned in and pressed his lips to her own. The soft, sweet sensation when they touched was remarkable to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and she placed her hands to the back of his head, pulling them even closer to each other. They pulled apart and he looked deep into her eyes. “ I. Will. Never. Hurt you. I will hurt myself before I would ever hurt you in the slightest way. I love you.” She smiled as he said the phrase again. “ Be mine.”
“ Forever and always, my love. I will always be yours.”
Their lips connected again in an even deeper passionate kiss than their first.

ThatClarinetPerson said...

i really like this. a couple suggestions, though. i think people might be able to relate to it more if you just left it with him and her and, uh pronouns, i guess. that way people can imagine themselves in their places. once you give them names you give them an identity so people begin to wonder who they are. it was really amazing, though.

ps. thanks for commenting on my story :))

bbygurl21 said...
i love this so much i wish i can write something so beautiful like this. you are an amazing writer keep writing

DeadPeopleKindaGrl replied...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 9:50 pm :

thank you so much it means a lot(;

OffTopic said...

This is great.  I love the beginning -- it made me want to find out what had happened. 

A word of advice, if I may:  I think that this piece could be improved if you gave more background and slowed it down a little.  The reader would be able to connect with the characters more.  Otherwise, amazing!

DeadPeopleKindaGrl replied...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 3:21 pm :
Thnk u for the advice and i kinda wanted to make it seem more mysterious and b able to have ppl guess and kinda make up what happened. Hope u join my forum l8r!!!

riley... said...
great work. lotsss of emotion, and i like it. it seems a little rushed, possibly not enough background, until you reach the end. it rounded out nicely when you mentioned the fact that they had been friends. it seemed like a vital part of the story was to be in the present, not retell their past. great job :)

DeadPeopleKindaGrl replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm :
Never really thought of it that way but that's what I was goin for. Thanx (:

ilove2read124 said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:48 am:

this is really good, you have amazing descriptive langauage, and you display the characters emotions perfectly without being overbearing =] good job =]

ps, i love to read too!and whos vlad?lmaoo jw

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 10:06 am :

Thanks all for the comments and opinions (good and bad)! And thanks,I try to keep all of my wrtitten stories emotional and discriptive so you don't fell as thought you missed anything.

P.S. Vlad is a very awesome character from a book series by Heather Brewer(aka Auntie Heather) called The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd!!! Really great books and I recomment any vampire fans read them. Thanx (:

ilove2read124 replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 6:32 pm :
omg yes!vladimir tod!lmaoo, verry true he is amazing!lmaoo and its always good to have emotions in ur writing, ik i do too lol

HelyRose said...
Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:18 am:
great piece !keep writing :) appreciate if you'd check out mine thanks !!

mudpuppy said...
Nothing is sweeter than true love.