Dear You, | Teen Ink

Dear You,

July 2, 2010
By imperfection GOLD, Gilroy, California
imperfection GOLD, Gilroy, California
17 articles 9 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream as though you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."
~James Dean (1931-1955), American Motion Picture Actor, symbol of rebellion


Dear You,


I smiled at you, you smiled back. I held your hand, you held mine. I kissed you, you kissed me. I said I love you, you said I love you, too.


I gave you my time, you gave me yours. I walked you to your class, you walked me to mine. I hugged you, then you hugged me back. I called you, you called me.


I smiled with you, I laughed with you, I cried for you, I gave you my heart, I held your heart.


You smiled with me, You laughed with me, You cried for me, You gave me your heart, You held my heart.


I placed your heart on a golden pillow;I locked your heart in an unbreakable safe.


My heart fell to the bottom of your backpack, and one day it rolled out. You remembered me, and you called me to tell me that, but when you looked closer, my heart was broken.


You hung up before I answered.

Dear You,


I smiled at you, you smiled back. I held your hand, you held mine. I kissed you, you kissed me. I said I love you, you said I love you too.


I grew more cautious, you broke more hearts. I cried, you moved on. I remembered, you forgot.

Dear You,


The author's comments:
Do you think this would be better in a poem formation?