Reality Check.. You Pt2 | Teen Ink

Reality Check.. You Pt2

July 1, 2010
By LiveLife2theMax GOLD, Wicklow, Other
LiveLife2theMax GOLD, Wicklow, Other
12 articles 4 photos 74 comments

Favorite Quote:
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
-Robert Frost

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain


I apply another layer of lipgloss and check my hair one last time before getting out of the car. I take a deep breath and walk across the grass. I hear the whispers. I see the fingers pointing. But its not like it was before. Its different. I don’t feel sick that someone will shout something awful at me. I hear somebody whistle at me. I smile. This is what I wanted. This is what I needed. I walk up the steps past you and your friends. I vaguely hear you whisper my name, almost to yourself, in surprise. I smile. My best friend Cat runs up to me. She also noticed you in shock and awe. I go to my locker first and start heading to homeroom. Perfectly, we have homeroom together. But somebody gets in my way.

Its Dave. You know Dave, don’t you? He’s a good friend. We started hanging out a couple of years ago when his mom and mine made friends. He’s okay. I mean he is handsome and lovely and just a little bit weird. But he’s definitely not perfect. Dave just stands there and looks at me. He looks sad. God knows why. He asks me what happened. I don’t know what he’s talking about. I ask him. He asks what happened to me. You see, he’s been gone all summer. He was spending it with his dad. I missed him a lot. I can tell Dave anything. And he doesn’t mind if I cry when I’m all hormonal and stuff. And we hug. I know that might be weird, but its purely platonic. Even though for a while I had this phase were I imagined that one day he would just kiss me. Obviously its not going to happen. Well, it never has happened anyway. But you don’t need to know that. Anyway I tell him my mom got to me. He nods but still looks sad. I tell him I have to go to homeroom. Dave turns and walks away. I wonder who put the stick up his butt.


The author's comments:
part 2.. hmm.. i know this is in the romance section and all, but you have to wait a few parts for the romance. :)