No Matter What Chapter 8

As his lipd were about to touch mine, the door swung open revealing a young girl carrying a small white teddy bear.
"Xander?" her voice was small and shy.
"Jezzi, what are you doing in here?" Xander's eyes softened as he saw her.
"Mommy and daddy told me to come get you because Davie is here."
Xander walked to Jezzi and scooped her up in his arms. He cradled her like a baby and began to tickle her. She started to gigle uncontrolably. I couldn't help but laugh along with the two.
"Xander?"
"Yea, Jez?"
"Who is the pretty girl over there?" Jezzi asked pointing to me.
"Oh...um-" I began.
"That is going to be your new auntie. I am getting married to her."
"Yay! I get another hirl to play with." She exclaimed. She jumped out of his hold and ran up to me. She threw her petite arms around my waist, and I hugged her back.
I picked her up and balanced her on my hip, "So what's you name missy?"
She giggled and said sweetly, "My name Jezabelle, but you can call me Jezzi."
"Okay, Jezzi, do you want to play a game?"
Her face brightened at the thought, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Xander never plays games with me!" She and I gave him a disapproving look.
"Xander! You have to play with your siblings, or you will grow up not liking each other." I whispered, keeping the tears from falling.
Jezzi noticed this and wiped a tear away that had escaped my eye. "No crying! My auntie can't cry because Xander is a big meanie. Now we play game!" I looked at her stern face and noticed her resemblance to Xander. She looked exactly like him. Ice blue eyes, jet black hair, and such pale skin. They couldn't be brother and sister. Xander gave me a look as to say 'dont even think about it'. I loked away from her, "Jezzi, how about we play a game tomorrow? I have to talk to Xander."
She swung off my hip and walked out the door. Xander turned to me with a glare on his face.
"You aren't her brother, are you?" I asked turning to him.
"Of course I'm her brother. WHat else would I be?" He countered.
"Her father." I stated simply.
He looked at me as though I had two heaads. "How did you figure it out?"
"She looks too much like you and not your parents. She has your eyes and hair, and her skin is the same ivory as yours." I stopped and looked at his face. It was twisted in pain. I walked over and placed my hands on his arms and began rubbing them up and down trying to comfort him. "What happened?"
He looked at me and I saw the pools of tears in his eyes. "5 years ago, I had a girlfriend. She was stuck up and bratty, but I thought I loved her. We had sex and I got her pregnant. She said she wasn't going to take care of a kid at 17 and I said that I would take care of her. She had her, and I have taken care of her."
I was going to be her step mother, and I smiled at the thought. "Does she know you're her real father?"
"Yes, she knows." I smiled at him, at least he was honest with her. He looked at me oddly, "Why are you smiling?"
"I'm going to be a mom." He began to smile with me.
"Yea, Yea you are." He leaned in the slightest bit, and I closed the distance between us quickly. What began as a harmless kiss turned into a full blown make out session, and it went on from there. We stayed together for hours, and he never once let go of me.

Hope_is_everywhere said...
great plot. its so sweet. keep writing.!!!!

Yvaine_96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:05 am
not bad....it's going better now....but im really hoping you would make ur chapters much longer. good job here :P

billgamesh11 replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:02 am
Pretty good, and longer chapters would be nice...but it is up to you!!!