Sometimes I Wonder

Sometimes I wonder if you remember our time together as vividly as I do. Like the day that we met in the music store, when we picked up that album at the same time. It was last copy, but you said you would burn me a copy if I let you have it. I didn't really trust you, but I let you have the CD anyway, because I thought you were cute.

Sometimes I wonder if you had as much fun as I did at the first concert we went to together, and if fell in love as quickly as I did. My heart and my mind were conflicted over you, because my heart was falling so fast, and my mind knew that I wasn't good enough for you.

Sometimes I wonder if you have any recollection of the day that your mom died. Your stepdad didn't care enough to tell you in person, so I was with you when you got the phone call. I hadn't a clue what to do when you fell to your knees, so I held you and I kissed you. I kissed your lips, and I tasted your pain, and the saltiness of the tears streaming down your face. I knew at that moment that I would never stop caring for you.

Often, I wonder if you think of me in the same way that I think of you. I wonder what you're doing now, and if we'll ever meet again. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was say goodbye to you, but I knew that I couldn't make you stay. I still miss your room, your car, your smile, your laugh, your smell... your taste.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to love again, but I know I have to get on with my life. Sometimes I wonder if you've moved on without me.

Saint_that_Sins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Excellent! thats all im gonna say :)

Diana101 said...

I loved it! It was so honest and true. It made me smile and cry. So great job, keep on writing!!

Maybe you can check out my stories?

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 21, 2010 at 6:20 am
so honest...5 stars for you(:

givemetherapy replied...
Jun. 21, 2010 at 9:29 am
thank you so much :)

sparkofheart said...
ive definitely had some of the same thoughts before. i can relate so much to this! great job :) check out some of my stuff?

givemetherapy replied...
Jun. 21, 2010 at 9:29 am
 thanks :)

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 4:15 am

Aw, I loved it. It was so honest & raw, and so sad, but it made me crack a smile. 

:)

givemetherapy replied...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 10:09 am
thanks so much :)

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

That was so sweet!  Very melancholy and wistful.  GREAT job.   Please keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

givemetherapy replied...
wow, thank you :)

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 6:21 am
You're absolutely welcome:)