Dream | Teen Ink

Dream

June 14, 2010
By Mrsafy SILVER, Cokeburg, Pennsylvania
Mrsafy SILVER, Cokeburg, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Our school was doing some stupid contest. You have to write down, a actor that you would like to meet. If you got picked they would fly the actor or actress to see us. I would obviously pick Craig Parker. I figure I would give it a try, and anyways its not like I would win it. Next day at school they said “ Vanile Lightning please report to the office.” I figure I did something wrong, or getting picked up early. I walked into the office and they said “ please have a seat.” I took a seat and looked around wondering why I was in here.
Next thing I know Craig Parker walked through the door and I got up, started screaming. He said “ I’m guessing your Vanile?” I said “ yes, and sorry for screaming.” Craig said “ it’s fine, and very nice to meet you Vanile.” I said “ and nice to meet you Craig Parker.” Some lady told me that Mr. Parker will spend two weeks with me. Wow, two weeks with Craig Parker. She also said that I have to show him around the high school, middle school and elementary school.
Well at least I don’t have classes for the next two weeks. I took Craig to see my teachers and on the way me and Craig talked about ourselves. I found out some things about him that most people want to know. It was 10 and I finally finished showing Craig the middle school. He said “ Would you like to go out for lunch?”
I said “ Sure.” He said “ Where would you like to go?” I said “ Wherever you want to go is fine.” Craig smiled at me and motioned for me to walk out the door. Craig said “ Vanile, is there any place close here that we could eat?” I said “ Yeah, theirs a diner down the road.” Craig thought for a moment and said “ Well, that’s where we will eat.” I looked at him and smiled. When we got outside I saw a limo pulling up. I said “ Wow, I didn’t know we are riding in a limo.” Craig said “ Is it fine?” I said “ it’s fine.” He laughed and opened the door for me. We were driving down the road when Craig said “ Is that the high school up there?” I said “ Yeah.” He asked “ Do you know anyone up there?” I said “ Yeah..” Craig said “ Who is he?” I said “ What do you mean?” Craig said “ Who is the guy, that you like?” I said “ Alex Paris.”
Craig told the driver something and the drive made a sharp turn. I tried to look where but I couldn’t see. Craig opened the door and I saw that we were at the high school. I started screaming at him. He looked back with a smile on his face and took off running. I jumped out of the limo and ran after him. He turned back and said “ Sorry.” I was almost to him when he was in the office. Then he disappeared. I ran up and down the hallways looking for him and finally found him by the art room. He was with Alex.
I could see what they were saying. Craig said “ Hello Alex.” Alex asked “ Craig Parker?” Craig said surprised “ You know who I am?” Alex said “ Yeah, you play on legend of the seeker.” Craig said “ Well I have a surprise for you.” Alex said “ What is it?” Craig said “ Follow me.” Craig lead Alex out to the limo. I followed them so I could see and hear what their doing. Alex asked “ What are we doing?” Craig said “ Get in and see.” Craig opened the door and I wasn’t in there. I walked out and Craig looked at me with a big smile. I mouthed I hate you. Craig laughed and mouthed I love you too, now get in. I smiled at him. I got in knowing I would hate being in the limo with Alex. I saw Alex’s face and I melted into my seat. Alex said sounding surprised “ Vanile?” I said “ Hi.” Alex said “ What are you doing here?” I said “ I’m the one who kind of invited Craig here.”
Alex said “ Why am I here then?” I said “ You ask a lot of questions but, Craig can answer that one for you.” Alex smiled and looked at Craig. Ah, Alex’s smile just made my heart melt. Craig said “ Vanile told me she liked you.” I said “ CRAIG!” And got out of the limo. Craig came out with me and said “ Vanile, I’m sorry but he has to know.” I said “ Fine.”
Craig smiled and said “ Now get in the car, I am starving.” I laughed and got in. Alex said “ is everything alright?” I said “ everything is fine.” Craig said “ So how did you guys meet?” I looked at him and said “ You want to tell him or me?” Alex said “ I will, My cousin and her Brother are friends. And they both play magic. My cousin asked me to go with him to Richards house to play magic. Well I said alright. Richard and Vanile came to pick us up. When we got back to Vanile’s, me and her were flirting a lot. And I guess she got my number from someone and we started talking more.” I added “ Then we stopped.” He gave me look and said “ What is that supposed to mean?” I said “ That we were talking for awhile then you stopped.” Alex said “ I didn’t, you never texted me anymore. So I thought we weren’t speaking.” I said “ Maybe if you weren’t a jerk about everything we would still be talking.”
I added “ Then we stopped.” He gave me look and said “ What is that supposed to mean?” I said “ That we were talking for awhile then you stopped.” Alex said “ I didn’t, you never texted me anymore. So I thought we weren’t speaking.” I said “ Maybe if you weren’t a jerk about everything we would still be talking.” Alex said “ I’m the jerk, you never texted me after like a month ago.” I said “ Because you never texted me back.” Craig said “ Guys, calm yourselves.” Alex said “ You know what Craig my house is up the road, just drop me off.” Vanile said “ Why don’t we just push you out, you probably won’t feel anything.” Craig said “ Driver, please pull over.” Craig got out of the car and told the driver to get out too. It was quite in the limo, as it was only me and Alex in the limo. I said “ Everyone thinks I am stupid for ever liking you, you know what I told them.”
Alex looked at me and said “ What?” I said “ I don’t care what you think about me, I like him and that’s that.” Alex said “ Vanile, I’m sorry.” I looked at him and tear ran down my face. Alex jumped up and gave me a hug. Now the tears came faster, I couldn’t stop myself. Alex said “ Vanile, I never knew you felt this way about me.” I said “ I have since the day I met you.” Alex looked at me and kissed me on the cheek. I said “ Alex, I’m sorry for this.” Alex said “ It’s cool.” Then he kissed me again but, this time on the lips. I hugged him tighter and said “ I’ve missed you.” Alex said “ I’ve missed you too.”
I got out of the limo and hugged Craig. I whisper “ Thank you.” Craig looked at me and said “ What happen?” I said “ What should of happened a long time ago.” Craig smiled and said “ I’m happy for you too.” I said “ Craig, How did you know this would happen?” Craig said “ I didn’t, I just gave it a shot.” I smiled and hugged him again. I said “ Can we go get something to eat I’m starving.” Craig laughed and said “ Definitely.” We got in the limo , I sat next to Alex. I grabbed Alex’s hand and squeezed it. He looked at me and smiled.