Closure

Her lips parted from his, a sigh of pleasure escaping them. Anne knew she had to go back.
“I`ll be back tomorrow. I hope that you`ll be waiting.” Paul didn`t reply. He never did, yet there was this solemn and silent understanding between them. Like a magnetic force.
“I really don`t want to go. It`s so silly. I should be excited for tomorrow, but knowing that we can`t meet until evening. I wish that I could stay here forever…..”
“…You talk too much”, Paul interrupted her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
“I love that about you”, he added.
Anne pulled him closer and stayed in his embrace.
“I hate doing this to Kate. She`s so good. She thinks I `m hanging out with Jared”, said Paul and moved away slightly. As Anne looked up at him, she saw a flicker of sadness on his face.
“You still love her, don`t you?”
She pulled away and felt tears streaming down her cheeks.
“Anne, don`t do this. You know very well that she`s my girlfriend. Of course I love her, but I love you too. Spill your tears if you must. That`s all you ever do. Kate is much more mature than you.”
“I`m sorry. I shouldn`t have said that”, he added as he saw Anne`s pained expression. His delicate hands fondled her palms for a minute.
“Do it tomorrow”, said Anne. Paul detected the seriousness in her voice.
“Do what tomorrow?”
Paul was beginning to worry now. He never saw Anne like this before. He only knew the warm, affectionate side of her.
“Break up with Kate. Dump her. Break her heart. I want to see her crashed.”
“If that`s what you want”, replied Paul. He felt Anne`s arms wrap around him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
On his way home, Paul thought about Anne`s words. He was scared, frightened, he was terrified.
Kate was his only friend now. He reached a tall, red building. The curtains were pulled close and two figures were watching TV. Paul rang the doorbell and waited, chewing on his lip. Finally, a red-haired girl opened the door and hugged him with excitement.
“I missed you so much”, she said and jumped to kiss him.
“I missed you too Kate. You have no idea how much.”
They walked into the house, hand-in-hand, unaware of the fact that Anne was watching them from behind a nearby tree, her fists clenched tightly.

shaune43 said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 11:19 pm:
Are you gonna finish this??? I want to know more, I'm such a sucker for these things.

Nina.CThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 2:30 am :
Ok, a continuation of the story is on its way.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 3:14 pm:

This is great!  Emotional, relatable, and well-described.  Excellent job!  Please write more!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?