EC-AM=Heartbreak (35) | Teen Ink

EC-AM=Heartbreak (35)

June 13, 2010
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


March 3, 2010
12:30 p.m.
Evalynne’s House

“Ok, so let me get this straight. You think that Michael’s going to kill you because you’re friends with me?” Will inquired. We were both seated next to eachother at my dining room table, trying to come up with some sort of plan against Michael.
“Yeah, that’s my theory at least.” I told him.
“Hmm,” he said thoughtfully. He pursed his lips, considering this for a moment. “You’re right.” he finally stated. “But don’t worry. We’re not going to let that happen.”
“Well how are we going to stop it?” I asked him.
“We’re going to stop him before he kills Val. That way he’ll never even get the chance to get to you.” Will stated confidently.
“And how are we going to do that?” I queried. I hated to bring down his confidence level, but I had to be logical about this. We couldn’t just say that we wanted to stop Michael and then not do anything about it.
He thought for another moment before replying. “Ok, so he’s trying to lure Val in by pretending to be her boyfriend, right?”
“Yeah,” I responded.
“Well then all we have to do is get them to break up.” His eyes lit up, and he grinned, obviously proud of himself for coming up with this plan.
I bit my lip and sighed. “I don’t mean to burst your bubble, but there are two flaws with that plan. Number one: Michael will most likely talk her out of breaking up with him. And number two: even if we do somehow manage to break them up, Michael could still sneak into her motel room at night and slit her throat or something. Sorry, but Michael’s a smart guy. I think we’re going to have to come up with pretty genius plan in order to stop him.”
Will gulped, his Adam’s apple bobbing up and down. “Yeah, you’re right.” he agreed, sounding let down. “So what should we do then?”
“I have no idea.” I confessed. We both went silent for a moment as we scanned our brains for any ideas. But the sound of my cell phone broke that silence, ringing chirpily from inside my pocket. I pulled it out, flipped it open, pressed it to my ear. “Hello,”
“Hey,” Cole’s familiar voice replied.
“Oh, Cole, hi,” I said. I glanced over at Will who rolled his dark eyes when I said Cole’s name.
“So did you meet with your Dad yet?” he wondered aloud.
I paused for a moment, remembering for the first time since I kissed Will about Dad’s decision. “Yeah, he uh, chose Nina.”
Will’s head snapped up when he heard me say this, and his eyes met mine. I sheepishly looked away, knowing he’d probably want a full explanation the second I hung up the phone.
“Are you freakin’ kidding me?” Cole shouted. I pulled the phone about an inch away from my ear at the deafening volume of Cole’s raised voice.
“I wish I were,” I uttered back to him.
“I can’t believe this. That woman is a monster. I honestly don’t understand how she can live with herself after tearing families apart the way she does. I mean, she probably didn’t do this to just us. I’m sure she’s destroyed plenty of other families too. That’s what homewreckers like her do. They steal a husband away from his wife until they get bored of him. Then they move right on to the next guy. It’s sick.”
“Yeah, it is.” I agreed. “But there’s nothing either of us can do about it now. The damage has already been done. She already tore apart both of our families.”
Will glanced up at me once again, curiosity filling his eyes. “Yeah, I know.” Cole replied. “It just makes me so mad that she can just go around hurting innocent people without being punished for it. It’s not fair.”
“I know it’s not, but like I said: there’s nothing we can do about it.” I reminded him, my tone flat. I really didn’t feel like arguing about this with Cole, when I knew very well that in the end, we still wouldn’t be able to do anything about Nina’s actions. People like Nina and Michael were just able to get away with they’re cruelties. It wasn’t fair, but there wasn’t anything that anyone could do to stop them.
“Listen Cole,” I began, “Will’s over right now, so I’ve got to go.”
He was silent for a moment on the other line. “Ok,” he finally said. “Bye,” And then he hung up without even giving me a chance to respond.
“Well goodbye to you too,” I murmured under my breath as I slipped my phone back into my pocket.
“Ok, what’s the story?” Will said as soon as I lifted my head to look at him. So with a sigh, I explained what had happened to him. “No freakin’ way. I can’t believe that. Jeez, and I thought Cole was a player.
“I couldn’t have said it better myself,” I remarked.
Will shook his head, “I really hate that. Michael and Nina are both such awful people. Both of them are doing thing to hurt other people. Yet they get to go free and continue doing whatever they want, while innocent people like you and me have to suffer. It doesn’t make any sense.”
“Yeah, but you and I are going to stop Michael.” I assured him. He sighed and we both looked at eachother. If we were in a movie, this would be the perfect time to kiss. It was just one of those moments where the guy and girl stare at eachother in silence, and ever so slowly lean in until their lips meet.
But as I began to lean in, Will spoke up, ruining the moment. “What happened between us earlier, that kiss…” he said, clearly feeling awkward about bringing it up. “That was just sort of an in-the-moment thing for me. I don’t really like you that way. I’m sorry. I hope I didn’t give you the wrong idea or anything.”
I could almost feel my heart split right down the middle, but I plastered on a smile nonetheless. “Right, I know. I don’t like you that way either. We’re just friends.” I laughed a bit nervously, hoping he didn’t see past my lies. If he did, he definitely didn’t show it, because he just grinned back at me.
“Cool, because it would be super awkward if you actually did like me.” He chuckled, and I attempted to laugh along with him. But it came out sounding strained and fake.
He casually glanced down at the watch he wore around his left wrist, and his eyes went wide when he read what it said. “Oh crap,” he muttered. “I’ve got to get home. We can talk more tomorrow though.”
“Ok, see you then.” I replied. I sat in my chair and watched as he walked out the front door. And as soon as I heard it click shut, I unleashed the few tears that I’d managed to contain when Will told me his true feelings for me.
How stupid could I possibly get? Was I out of my mind? Gosh, I’d actually had myself convinced that Will really liked me. I’d had myself convinced that we could become a couple. Well I was very wrong about that. It was quite clear to me now that Will and I would never be together. Maybe it was fate. Maybe we just weren’t meant to be with one another.
If that was the case, then screw fate. Screw it to hell.

Author's Note: Do you want Will and Evalynne to end up together? Just curious lol :)


The author's comments:
Do you want Will and Evalynne to end up together? Just curious lol :)