From the Beginning... | Teen Ink

From the Beginning...

Chapter 1

Dear journal,
Hi, I am 4 years old today. My name is Lily Grace Owens, but I just like Lily Grace. Mommy is writing for me. Today was the last day of preschool. My bestest friend, Paige Johnson, and I are so sad because we won’t see the boy Paige likes anymore. My friend, Jensen Morris, lives two houses down. He always tells me I am cute, I don’t like it when he says that because Paige gets mad at me. She thinks I like him. I think that boys have cooties. GROSS!! Mommy says that tomorrow we can go swimming. Maybe I will bring my lizard with us. Ugh, Mommy just said “NO!!” Dang! Oh well good night.

-Lily Grace

Hi, my name is Jensen Morris. Today was my last day of preschool. Mom and Dad say I have to move to California now, but I don’t want to. I told them I could just live with my best friend Todd Spendlove and his family. Mom and Dad could visit on holidays and when I marry Lily Grace Owens (the most beautiful girl in the world). I don’t want to move. I will miss her! Todd and I just started our very own Superhero Club! My parents are just being meany-heads. I’m not moving to California with them. See you.
Jensen

Dear Journal-
Hi mommy is writing for me again. Today was a sad day, Paige and I had to say goodbye to Jensen and his family as they packed up and started to drive to California. Mommy and Daddy were both sad too. They were friends with Mr. And Mrs. Morris. Yesterday, our neighbors had a party for their family. Everyone was crying at the end, but I don’t know why. Mommy just says it’s because we are going to really miss them. I hope I can see Jensen soon, he was really nice. (But boys still have cooties)
-Lily Grace

Chapter 2

Journal?

Ugh…dude Mrs. Johnson is making us write for 15 minutes in our journals. So Stupid! I just moved back from California and I want to talk to all of my friends about everything (My ex-girlfriend Avery Evans (we only broke up because I was moving). I guess I am just going to fake write about this year. So…Hi my name is Jensen Morris. I am 15 years old and I just moved back here from California. My best friend is Todd Spendlove. He was the only person I kept in touch when I lived in Utah. Wow! Only 10 minutes have gone by. I am just going to stop now and pretend to write. Wait I just thought of this because I just saw Mackenzie Watts and the beautiful Paige Johnson walk past, (Man! Paige became way hot!!) I should ask her to Homecoming. Yeah, tomorrow’s journal entry will hopefully be about how she said yes and not no.
Jens

Journal-

Mrs. Johnson is making us write in our journals again, but this time I have something to write about. Yesterday I mentioned asking Paige to Homecoming and today I am proud to say I did and that she said yes. Wahoo! I am so excited. The only thing that is bothering me is that the girl I thought was cute in Pre-School is all creeper and following me around. Gabe Olsen and Ace Walker think it is because she likes me, Todd agrees. I decided I could be good friends with Gabe and Ace. Something that is kind of annoying is ever since Todd got his new girlfriend, Avery Evans, he only talks to her. Here's a thought but maybe that could soon be Paige and I.
Jens

8/25/10

Oh my goodness! Who would have thought Jensen Morris would actually move back to Utah?! And dang! California did that boy good!! He is now 6 foot tall, blonde shag, tan and abs Taylor Lautner would kill to have! Too bad this girl doesn't have a shot with him! I heard he has a thing for Paige Johnson (my best friend since preschool). Story of my life! Homecoming dance is coming up too. If only he would ask me?! I would never want anything else in my entire life. Except I bet he'll end up asking Paige along with the rest of the male population. She has ever and any boy dangling at the tip of her perfectly manicured nails. Oh well the bell is about to ring. Looks like I get to put on my fake smile and convince Paige she is beautiful and will be asked to the dance, unlike some of us other girls. L8r.
:// Lily Grace Owens

Chapter 3

Dear Diary-
Oh my gosh tomorrow is senior prom. I can’t believe this is my last high school dance! I still am stunned that I am about to graduate. Right now Jens and I have to decide if we are going to do a long distance relationship or not. I mean, with me going to Columbia and him going to Berkeley, we are completely across the country not just a 40-minute drive. Wow I have so much to think about before graduation. I need to find a job and living quarters. Anyways, let’s get off this subject. My dress for prom is gorgeous. It’s a dark purple and is long with sparkles after the bust line. Oh it’s just so gorgeous! I better get some rest. We are going boating in the morning for our activity. Oh, I am so exited for prom.
-Lily Grace

I am so sick of talking about college. It’s all anyone talks about these days. This makes me think about leaving Lily Grace. I really don’t know what I will do without her in my life! It’s going to be so hard living across the country from her. I have always dreamed about going to Berkley, but now I’m having second thoughts about whether it is really the right decision or not. I want to be with her! But enough talking about graduating, I have one night guaranteed with her, tomorrow. Tomorrow is our Senior Prom and after knowing Lily for 14 years I finally gained up enough courage to ask her. Tomorrow I am focused on her and only her. If anyone brings up graduation, I intend to punch him or her in the face, unless it’s Lily of course. Well I have to go pick up my tux. Hopefully tomorrow is the best day of my life. See you.
Jens

Dear Diary-
Wow! Tonight was amazing for so many different reasons. I will save the best for last. First, prom was amazing. We went with just all of friends. Our group was Todd and his girlfriend Kara Smith, Mackenzie and Gabe, Paige and her new boyfriend Ace, and Jens and I. It was so much fun! We went to The Bear Paw for breakfast and then went boating. After all the girls went to Mackenzie’s to get ready, we went to dinner at Flemings. The food was delicious. Then we were off to prom. Prom was decorated beautifully. They had a gold, black, and silver theme. I looked so elegant. Now, I can’t wait anymore, tonight Jens told me that he applied at Columbia too. Last night he got a letter and they accepted him! No long distance relationship because we will live by each and go to the same school. This so perfect! I am so excited now! Graduation day please come faster! I am not sure if I can sleep tonight because I am so happy.
-Lily Grace

I can’t even tell you how gorgeous Lily looked last night at prom! … She is always beautiful but last night, I can’t even explain it. I am going to marry her some day. Last night was the best night of my life. Sorry this was so short but I am so tired so I’m off to take a nap. See you.
Jens

Dear Diary-
Wow! Senior year has turned out great for me. I was a cheerleader, Jensen, my boyfriend, was a football player, and we are both going to the same college. I am very sad to be leaving all my friends here in Utah, but I am sure I will make many more in the near future. I right now would just like to thank my parents for all that they do, driving me around and taking me and paying for all my things and activities. Thanks to my siblings for teaching me how to love and my friends for always being there. Thanks to everyone for such a great 18 years!
-Lily Grace