Gone... | Teen Ink

Gone...

May 12, 2010
By HoplessRomantic BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
HoplessRomantic BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace. --George Bernard Shaw


I feel him suggle into my hair; he loves my shampoo. He wraps his hands tighter around my waist and I cuddle myself into his strong chest. I love him.

The late Autumn evening is chilly and goosebumps dot all over my bare legs and arms. I wore the maxi dress he loves in spite of the beachy wind.
I know this is the last time I'll see him yet I can't stand to look him in the eye. He hurt but really I brought it on myself. He loved her, while I was just a fling.

A single tear make it's way down my cheek.

He said we'd never be together seriously. I didn't believe him. I thought I could change his mind. But she's too perfect. Why would he want me compared to girl like her?

He slips something over my head, and I close my eyes. It's time for him to go. I feel him untangle himself from our embrace and walk away. I picture him walk in my mind. It's slow and casual that's what first attracted me aloong with his pretty smile and arogant demeanor. He treated me like gold.

I feel the cold object's weight in the hollow of neck. When I open my eyes he's gone. His imprint his still in the sand but he's not there. I should hate him for leaving such a sweet gift under such heart breaking circustances. But I dont. I silently thank him for reminding me that it wasn't all a dream.

He left me his shark tooth tied to a leather cord. It was winded but that's probably because he wore it like everyday. I smile at the memory, missing his arms around mine.

So, now I sit there; alone, and wrap my bare arms around my legs and watch the tides. I imagine throwing the shark's tooth into the ocean and being relieved of the heark break forever. Although, I know I'm not nearly brave enough. I still love him. I can't help it, but no matter how strong I love him, I know for a fact he won't choose me over her, and I know now that I could never do anything to make him.


The author's comments:
I typed this free hand, and randomly so sorry about the spelling and grammer, also I just wanted something real and this scene came to mind. Enjoy!