Sweetheart | Teen Ink

Sweetheart

February 23, 2010
By Sherhazad SILVER, Verona, Missouri
Sherhazad SILVER, Verona, Missouri
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Once upon a time
There was a poor girl who lived on a fishing boat. She told stories that would enchant the crowds. This is but one of those stories.

The king and queen of a certain land had a son. His name was Charmion. He was brave. He was handsome, he had everything a prince should have except a princess. All the girls of the land adored him, so it shouldn’t have been so hard to find the perfect Princess. Elvira the wild was a beautiful girl who lived in a thick forest on the boarder of the Kingdom. One day Charmion was hunting in the forest when his horse suddenly bolted. Tree limbs quickly swept him off his horse. When he came too a pair of green eyes stared into his. “Who are you?” he asked. “I am Elvira.” She replied
later that day the missing prince walked up to the castle door. His parents were so happy to see him that they had a painter paint an oil painting of him. His parents did not know what to talk about with Elvira the wild though. “There is popcorn in the candy bowl if you are hungry” said the queen as she knitted socks for Charmion. “No thank you.” Elvira replied as she stared wistfully out the window towards where Charmion was riding his horse. She had never been comfortable inside buildings. She knew she stuck out like a sore thumb. Suddenly a page brought a letter to the king. “Guards come quickly!” Yelled the king after reading the letter though. “Arrest Elvira, on a charge of high treason.” Well Elvira was not the type of girl to faint, she was the type to run. She jumped though the open bay window. She ran past Charmion, fear drove her, to easily out distance his horse.

the King told his son to forget her because she was the daughter of their sworn enemy.
But He did not listen to his father’s advice. That much is known but then they disappear from legend, and myth like a ghost.

The author's comments:
I wrote this piece for a writers guild meeting.