She Will Be Loved | Teen Ink

She Will Be Loved

February 11, 2010
By its_me GOLD, San Mateo, California
its_me GOLD, San Mateo, California
19 articles 1 photo 19 comments

She was yours. Yours to hold, yours to kiss, yours to love. She was even yours to use. And that’s what you did, you used her.

You thought you were so cool, being able to toy with a girl’s heart like that. And the best part of your whole scheme was that she didn’t even realize. She was so blinded by your act that she couldn’t see what was right in front of her. A fake was in front of her.

She liked the little things you did. She liked the way you smoothed her hand when you held it, the way you held her water bottle still when she tried to open it because she didn’t want to let go of yours, she liked the way your hoodie was too big for her and that it smelled like your cologne.

She didn’t like the little things you did. She noticed the way you’d constantly remind her you missed her, she thought of it as sweet, not clingy. The way you’d talk about your best galfriend and how great she was, she let that slide too. She always knew when something bad between you two was going to happen. She knew when it was time to leave you and move on, but she didn’t. But she didn’t care because she was happy to have you.

She was heartbroken when you dumped her. She cried, you laughed. You two didn’t talk for a while. After a few weeks, she stopped moping and started to be happy again. Then you had to go and ruin it for her by giving her mixed signals. You said you loved her after you broke it off. But being the young, naïve girl that every teenager is at times, she believed you. You two met up again, you got what you wanted and you left her once again.

She knows to stop thinking about you and to move on. And she really has. But you, you will not stop. You will keep using other girls like you did her for your childish game. You’ll use that sweet act to win the girl over and eventually you’ll get what you want. You will do this many times. But, she? She will not do what you will to be with someone. She will wait for the right one to come along and sweep her off her feet.

You will end up a lonely f***up who won’t care for anyone but himself. She will have the last laugh. You will have no one to hold onto. But that won’t matter to her because in the end, she will be loved.